Longley Park History / Memories

mslotus

Kirky said: if was stood on the bottom football pitch facing the park where would the baths have been from there?

Kirky, if you mean the full size pitches, then you are at the wrong side of the park. The baths where at the Longley Lane, Crowder Avenue end of the park, near to the bowling green and tennis courts (both still there).

Click on the link below, photo taken last year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/wharncliffe/Copied338.jpg

The baths stood where you can now see the 5-a-side football pitch.

Edited: Just read my post its actually Crowder Road not Avenue.

With the climate getting warmer, I think it would be good commercial venture for the Council to rebuild the Baths at longley park or at Millhouses park..I remember them as great places to be in the summer time...On hot days you had to queue ages to get in..."Think about it" with the addition of Restaurants, bars, and other features ( like a luxury Gym)...Sheffield Parks would be a great place to visit.

PS... if any one from the Council is reading this, and proposes to submit it as an origional idea... I don't want any praise or reward on my behalf...I just would like to see it happen .

Archived