Waggin' School - Did you play truant?

Bushbaby

I used to wag school with my mates to spend the afternoon in City Road Cemetery where we would take flowers from graves that had lots on and then place them on those that had none.

I realise now, our actions probably caused distress to families of the deceased but at the time we really thought we were helping by looking after the neglected graves.

From the age of 13 until I officially "Left" school at 16, I think I was only there about 50 times. I hated Chaucer so much that I very rarely went and I even bull****ted the school bobby a few times. They didnt really care about the kids in the 70s so we got away with murder and i spent my days either in parks, at western park museum, or wandering around town. I used to spend a lot of time in Redgates too.

EEh, its lovely being on SF at 4.10.p.m. A rare treat for me. Yes I wagged it only once,from Shirecliffe Junior school.Loads of us ran amock on Shirecliffe Hills. We all got the cane when we got back.It was lovely being a girl and getting the cane. We used to show the red weals off on our hands for the rest of the day. :hihi:

EEh, its lovely being on SF at 4.10.p.m. A rare treat for me. Yes I wagged it only once,from Shirecliffe Junior school.Loads of us ran amock on Shirecliffe Hills. We all got the cane when we got back.It was lovely being a girl and getting the cane. We used to show the red weals off on our hands for the rest of the day. :hihi:

It's a good job you got the cane on your hands

Archived