Remembering in the Spanish sun..

Karensun

Hi ....I've been in sunny Spain for 8 years now but still think often of my childhood in Attercliffe. Does anyone remember Janet Haskins, Sylvia Fletcher, Barbara Lloyd, Jimmy Harley, Bob Smith and anyone else around the same age ( 63years )who lived on Westbury Street and surrounding streets.

Hiya, we use to live on Westbury st, the very bottom house went round the corner, next door to John & Dot Owen, we moved in around 1980 and stayed 1 year due to the houses been demolished, must admit i would love to be back if it was still the same people !!

I think we moved about '64.

We lived on a corner too but can't remember the name of the other road! Cottingham Street was just below us and on the right of the road was a chippie and an offie on Woodbourne Road. I went to Woodbourne Road school then Beaver Hill Sec Mod.

I was born in 1947 at Worthing Road. We left when I was 5 but I also (briefly) went to Woodbourne Road School.

I only have vague memories of the 'cliffe, one being the tormenting boy next door. Many years later we met again when we both worked 'on the buses'.

I moved to Lincolnshire in the 90's, not quite as sunny as Spain, but I will always be a Sheffielder.

Archived