Ridiculous Whiplash Claim..

Travelling home from work last Friday on my usual route I rounded a blind bend where a car had stopped to allow the car in front of him to turn into a drive.

I slammed on the breaks and my vehicle and the one directly in front "touched".

Myself and the other driver got out of our vehicles to find that there was no damage to my car whatsoever (not even the dirt was scuffed) his car had a small scuff to the plastic below the rear door, very very minor.

Today I have had a letter saying that this idiot and his wife are claiming for whiplash/neck and back injuries!!!!

I am absolutly livid, I have had two cases where I have been in the front car when a rear end shunt has occured, both "at fault" cars in these cases were write-offs and I didnt dream of trying to claim as I had no grounds.

Scammers like this make my blood boil and cause insurance premiums to be a costly as they are.

I will contact my insurance company tomorrow and urge then to contest this ridiculous claim.

I had this a few years ago. Barely touched the car infront and he claimed for whiplash and a full back end for his car. I refused to give him my details untill I got pictures of the 'damage' I had done. I never got photo's. His insurance company found me through my car reg and contacted my insurance. I was absolutely fuming, so much so that I refused to sign anything from my insurance company. They still paid out though!

Contest it Contest it Contest it, also ask for medical evidence, proof of damage to the car (cant have whiplash if you didnt hit them) and then if they decide to continue, i would Sue

There was some contact but it was minimal to say the least, my car had no evidence of this impact at all, nothing.

If this idiot gets any compensation for this it's an absolute travesty.

Contest it Contest it Contest it, also ask for medical evidence, proof of damage to the car (cant have whiplash if you didnt hit them) and then if they decide to continue, i would Sue

Out of curiosity, what are you suggesting he sues for?

OP - its not that simple - they'll need medical evidence, and if there's any suspicion that its not genuine, trust me entirely when I say your insurers will fight it. LVI claims (low velocity impact) are thoroughly fought.

I actually know ways you can 100% guarantee your insurers will fight it, but could never post them on here. :) Tricks of the trade if you will. :)

There was some contact but it was minimal to say the least, my car had no evidence of this impact at all, nothing.

If this idiot gets any compensation for this it's an absolute travesty.

Definitely contest it and make sure your insurance company knows that no damage was done to either vehicle.

As someone else said, it's not that easy to claim for whiplash - it took a friend of mine about 18 months to get it sorted, and she really did have whiplash, and back problems as a result of the collision, as well as there being considerable damage to her car.

Out of curiosity, what are you suggesting he sues for?

)

Just ignore me, southerner speak :P, but i would definatly fight this to the hilt, and to the OP'ster if it was only even very minimal contact they will have a fight on their hands to get anything, it takes months - years for this to go through, and once al the evidence is looked at (and hoping you are with a good insurance company) they will just throw the claim out

Archived