Ridiculous Whiplash Claim..

If you have got legal cover you will be ok and should fight it.

I had some Asian bloke try it on with me and my insurance company sent an investigator up from London to come check the damage and get a description of the incident.

The last thing he said to me was don't worry about it and I have heard nothing since.

Travelling home from work last Friday on my usual route I rounded a blind bend where a car had stopped to allow the car in front of him to turn into a drive.

I slammed on the breaks and my vehicle and the one directly in front "touched".

Myself and the other driver got out of our vehicles to find that there was no damage to my car whatsoever (not even the dirt was scuffed) his car had a small scuff to the plastic below the rear door, very very minor.

Today I have had a letter saying that this idiot and his wife are claiming for whiplash/neck and back injuries!!!!

I am absolutly livid, I have had two cases where I have been in the front car when a rear end shunt has occured, both "at fault" cars in these cases were write-offs and I didnt dream of trying to claim as I had no grounds.

Scammers like this make my blood boil and cause insurance premiums to be a costly as they are.

I will contact my insurance company tomorrow and urge then to contest this ridiculous claim.

Your story is far from unusual in today's compensation culture.

Some insurance company call centre staff are 'incentivised' by ambulance chasing companies to illegally pass on details of those who have recently been involved in a prang. They are then contacted by said company and 'encouraged' to claim for a non-existent injury. As whiplash is easy to fake and very difficult to disprove, both parties end up with a fat cheque

Just ignore me, southerner speak :P, but i would definatly fight this to the hilt, and to the OP'ster if it was only even very minimal contact they will have a fight on their hands to get anything, it takes months - years for this to go through, and once al the evidence is looked at (and hoping you are with a good insurance company) they will just throw the claim out

Shandy drinker! ;)

If you have got legal cover you will be ok and should fight it.

I had some Asian bloke try it on with me and my insurance company sent an investigator up from London to come check the damage and get a description of the incident.

The last thing he said to me was don't worry about it and I have heard nothing since.

Thats not what legal cover is for.

Legal cover insures your costs if you bring a claim against someone. Protects you if your claim loses. If an insurer chooses to defend a claim, which they typically do with LVI claims, they do it and fund it without question.

Thats not what legal cover is for.

Legal cover insures your costs if you bring a claim against someone. Protects you if your claim loses. If an insurer chooses to defend a claim, which they typically do with LVI claims, they do it and fund it without question.

Thanks for the info, I think someone lied to me or I miss understood it then.

They sent someone anyhow and obviously won my dispute with the other insurance company or blame/claim people

Thanks for the info, I think someone lied to me or I miss understood it then.

They sent someone anyhow and obviously won my dispute with the other insurance company or blame/claim people

It's a common mis-conception. :) There's loads with law.

I often think it should be a compulsory subject at school. Would help people understand their rights far, far better.

Just ignore me, southerner speak :P, but i would definatly fight this to the hilt, and to the OP'ster if it was only even very minimal contact they will have a fight on their hands to get anything, it takes months - years for this to go through, and once al the evidence is looked at (and hoping you are with a good insurance company) they will just throw the claim out

I intend to mate, I'm fuming.

Archived