Ridiculous Whiplash Claim..

Travelling home from work last Friday on my usual route I rounded a blind bend where a car had stopped to allow the car in front of him to turn into a drive.

I slammed on the breaks and my vehicle and the one directly in front "touched".

Myself and the other driver got out of our vehicles to find that there was no damage to my car whatsoever (not even the dirt was scuffed) his car had a small scuff to the plastic below the rear door, very very minor.

Today I have had a letter saying that this idiot and his wife are claiming for whiplash/neck and back injuries!!!!

I am absolutly livid, I have had two cases where I have been in the front car when a rear end shunt has occured, both "at fault" cars in these cases were write-offs and I didnt dream of trying to claim as I had no grounds.

Scammers like this make my blood boil and cause insurance premiums to be a costly as they are.

I will contact my insurance company tomorrow and urge then to contest this ridiculous claim.

The damage caused to the car is an indication of the impact loads exerted in the collision. Fight it, they have to prove thier injuries and may-be perger themselves in court. I went to court with a Taxi driver who I rolled back on nudging his car at 2mph. He lost and looked mighty stupid. Had a pop outside the court and got a caution from a coppa .

If you hadn't been driving so fast round a blind corner it would never have happened. If it had been a 5 year old who had been stood in the road and you had knocked over, would you still be fuming? Treat it as a lesson in driving.

I knew that someone was going to say that!;)

If you hadn't been driving so fast round a blind corner it would never have happened. If it had been a 5 year old who had been stood in the road and you had knocked over, would you still be fuming? Treat it as a lesson in driving.

:o odd i thought this was a forum thread about advice to an incident...not what "might of occured"

I was travelling at a safe speed for the road in question and had stopped, the impact was caused by the movement of the car lurching forward slightly and no more.

If we travelled everywhere expecting a 5yr old to be "stood" in the road we would all be nervous wreck.

If you are a driver (I suspect not) then I assume your driving is 100% perfect.

Archived