Large post count.. do these people have a life?

I have noticed there are a number of posters with post counts of up to 20,000 and just wondered how in the hell can you make 20,000 posts on a forum? I have been a member for a little while and have under 100 posts.

Whilst I spend quite a lot of my spare time on SF i'm wondering how someone could get 20,000 posts.

Does your opinion of what a poster says differ on account of how many posts they've made... For example someone with 1 post may have joined for the specific reason of joining the debate on the thread in question and someone with loads of posts may mean they are a busybody with nothing better to do than argue with people on any subject that comes up!!

What are your thoughts?

well think of it this way you can easily do 5 post's in about 20 minutes, now do the math

5 posts per day X 365 days per year = 1825 post's per year

now do 10 posts (3650 per year) , or 15 posts (5475 posts per year) or even 20 posts per day ( 7300 posts per year)

So as they say "It all adds up"

I have noticed there are a number of posters with post counts of up to 20,000 and just wondered how in the hell can you make 20,000 posts on a forum? I have been a member for a little while and have under 100 posts.

Whilst I spend quite a lot of my spare time on SF i'm wondering how someone could get 20,000 posts.

Does your opinion of what a poster says differ on account of how many posts they've made... For example someone with 1 post may have joined for the specific reason of joining the debate on the thread in question and someone with loads of posts may mean they are a busybody with nothing better to do than argue with people on any subject that comes up!!

What are your thoughts?

Some people have been on SF for a long time, some people use "I'm Bored" a lot, which racks up their post count. Some people are gobby and opinionated, some people just like discussing things or having a laugh. Some people have time on their hands and can't think of anything else to do.

I go by what's in people's posts - not the number of posts they've made, a pillocky post is a pillocky post, whether the poster has made 2 posts or 20,000. The same goes for sensible posts.

What are your thoughts?

Why is it so difficult to understand? People come here for lots of different reasons and from lots of different circumstances. There are retired people, students, mum and dads at home, people at work, and my own vice is having the internet on my mobile phone, which means SF is never far away!

Ive been here for nearly six years, and probably lurked for a year before I was brave enough to open my mouth, more's the pity say some.

Certain issues arouse my interest and it's good fun to engage with people who have a differing view and can articulate it.

As UNSC says, it doesn't take much to make 10 posts in a short period of time, especially if you're on the 'I'm bored' section, and for me, it's easy to do 30 a day working from home or on the train.

Why is it so difficult to understand? People come here for lots of different reasons and from lots of different circumstances. There are retired people, students, mum and dads at home, people at work, and my own vice is having the internet on my mobile phone, which means SF is never far away!

Ive been here for nearly six years, and probably lurked for a year before I was brave enough to open my mouth, more's the pity say some.

Certain issues arouse my interest and it's good fun to engage with people who have a differing view and can articulate it.

As UNSC says, it doesn't take much to make 10 posts in a short period of time, especially if you're on the 'I'm bored' section, and for me, it's easy to do 30 a day working from home or on the train.

My bold

No comment, no comment, no comment ....:hihi:

Archived