Large post count.. do these people have a life?

But if everyone called themselves John Smith or Jane Brown, how boring would it be? I like the odd names people choose for themselves. I wish I could hide, but almost everyone on SF now knows who I am and where to find me!

The other day a van went past and a disembodied voice shouted .... rubydazzlerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Embarrassing or what! :blush: Although I think he might just have been impressed by my high post count! ;)

hmm that'd be interesting, with 60-odd thousand (or whatever the figure is) members on SF...

John Smith 1

John_Smith

John Smith 1956

JohnSmith 24567

etc, etc :hihi:

hmm that'd be interesting, with 60-odd thousand (or whatever the figure is) members on SF...

John Smith 1

John_Smith

John Smith 1956

JohnSmith 24567

etc, etc :hihi:

hahahaha! très drôle. Not! Not everyone is called Smith, some are called Corker, or even Talker. The everyperson names were, as you very well know, examples.

But keep it up, it's all adding to my post count ;)

hahahaha! très drôle. Not! Not everyone is called Smith, some are called Corker, or even Talker. The everyperson names were, as you very well know, examples.

But keep it up, it's all adding to my post count ;)

There are over 2 billion artisans on the planet.

I would be able to say what I liked and then hide in among them.

Shouting abuse from the back.:D

In fact a bit like I do now, so it wouldnt make that much difference, really :D

I have noticed there are a number of posters with post counts of up to 20,000 and just wondered how in the hell can you make 20,000 posts on a forum? I have been a member for a little while and have under 100 posts.

You would have the amount of posts I would maybe expect for someone who has been a member for as long as you have, though for people are members from 'back in the day' such as myself I'd say it's not especially hard to build up to 20,00. Especially if you contribute to certain sections of this site such as the threads about what you ate, what film you last saw, your favourite word etc.

Well at least the high posters are reasonably honest about their total. I think we're all aware that there are a few bods who like to chop and change their identity on here, so each persona would appear to be a lowish scorer. But how many posts would they tally with all the personas put together?

Only this evening I had a reply from a *new* member that was like a blast from the past. People can only keep their mask up for so long, especially if they lose their temper. :D

We're not making excuses, we're just having a laugh! Chillax, matey! Do a poll if you want it to be more 'scientific' :rolleyes:

We'd probably have even higher post counts if the admin didn't keep having clear-outs of the old stuff. I used to organise nights out and on one problematic do, down to animal rights activists steaming onto the thread, it ran to hundreds of posts, about 25 per cent of which were mine. I wouldn't have minded so much but I've never even eaten foie gras!

Some people have a problem understanding why this forum is so popular, good luck, I don't think there's a scientific module available to sum up what draws people to SF.

Its fun, inclusive, argumentative, informative, depressing, exhilarating, alienating, ect, ect, ect.

Its just all right to hang out, and if that clocks up some posts then so be it, who's counting ?

Archived