Large post count.. do these people have a life?

In all honesty I once found myself in quite a big arguement with a poster with a very high count and it disturbed me so much that I re-registered.

Long story short, I posted too much info about myself but didn't have the face to delete it all through fear of being goaded into another arguement. I find some people on here quite intimidating, and I often feel like I have to double check what I have said to make sure it is completely correct and without spelling mistakes etc, because once you have won an arguement you get pulled on your grammar.

I too find myself keeping my mouth shut alot. Mostly when I post I try to stay neutral, stick to fact and never EVER voice my opinion.

My post count is also quite modest, but my previous one wasn't:D:D

This lot are kittens compared to some of the Lions that used roar on here.

They could eat you up and spit you out in a few words.

Lord Chaverley was one, and his pal, University of Neepsend thing, very witty and obviously an in joke, but partly shared, are just two that spring to mind.

There used be a lot of Asian posters also, who got many a good dialogue going. Zafir was one I remember.

Sounds like a rather odd reason to re-register under a new name - didn't have the face to delete it? Sounds like you might have some issues there, but I'm not really sure what the other posters post count had to do with anything.

The fact that the person I was arguing with was well known and had a high post count intimidated me. Maybe that is an issue but I can assure you that it is not one that would affect me in 'real life'.

I re-registered to gain a new identity after revealing things about myself that I don't particularly want people on here to know, I got carried away in the arguement (I won too!!!) but didn't want to delete my posts because first and foremost, they were important and I stand by the points I made and secondly, as i've already said I would have been goaded into another arguement about something else. Anyway, it's irrelevant I think. I was simply agreeing with someone else that I often refrain from posting too.

I also don't think that the OP was being rude in his first question but do think that he has also been provoked into a negative reaction. Something that seems to happen alot on SF.

I also don't think that the OP was being rude in his first question but do think that he has also been provoked into a negative reaction.
Their question was a legitimate one, so embellishing it by suggesting high count posters don't have a life was unnecessary and is also likely to provoke a negative reaction.

Lord Chaverley was one, and his pal, University of Neepsend thing, very witty and obviously an in joke, but partly shared, are just two that spring to mind.

There used be a lot of Asian posters also, who got many a good dialogue going. Zafir was one I remember.

..it was the burds last week, now the gone but not forgotten...are there no depths to which your obsequiousness won't stoop artisan :hihi:

Large post count.. do these people have a life?

Virtual life is replacing real social interaction. The trend is not complete, but it is a trend. ... but I'd like to hear of examples where the trend is being reversed ... such as those who pay to have their online personas eradicated.

Do you know of anyone who has commited "web 2.0 suicide"? http://suicidemachine.org/ "May you rest in abetter real life"

Their question was a legitimate one, so embellishing it by suggesting high count posters don't have a life was unnecessary and is also likely to provoke a negative reaction.

Fair point, It perhaps could have been worded better but the phrase 'get a life' is used quite frivolously (spelling, feel free to pull me up on it) and I personally don't see it as a derogatory term. However, the first post seems to be fine, without any insults even if the title may offend some people. Perhaps the title is worded in such a way that it catches your eye? It seems to have had that effect.

My post count is going up slowly but surely tee hee hee:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived