How long to get over relationship breakdown?

It's not a question anyone can really give you an answer to, the only thing you can really do is take one day at a time and treat yourself well.

I found it really confusing when I split up with my ex as I really didn't take any time at all. I was expecting to, we had been together for four and a half years, but it had gone so far down hill over the previous 18 months I think I'd already grieved and in a sense moved on.

I felt sad that it had ended, don't get me wrong, and I really missed him, but I was on my feet again straight away and felt a slight sense of relief... and guilt for not feeling heart broken.

I know that if the relationship I'm in now was to end I would be devastated, just the thought of it makes me feel sick. Not that it's perfect, we irritate the living crap out of each other on a daily basis, but because it's right.

I suppose in the end it comes down to who you are and how you look at life.

As I said before, treat yourself well.

All depends on the circumstances. How long is a piece of string?! My last relationship failed and it hurt, more than I imagined it would, and I still haven't fully recovered yet.

You say you havent recovered yet AO, can I ask how long you're talking about?

It's been about 6 weeks.

Ok, well keep your chin up fella, a pal once told me to just focus on an ex partner's qualities that drove you mad..you couldn't possibly live with someone who shrieked like Janet Street-Porter and wouldn't let you eat your dinner in your underpants :D

Ok, well keep your chin up fella, a pal once told me to just focus on an ex partner's qualities that drove you mad..you couldn't possibly live with someone who shrieked like Janet Street-Porter and wouldn't let you eat your dinner in your underpants :D

:D :D I like eating in my underpants. Nah, it does get easier and it has done for me. I think the worse thing about my situation, I not only lost a partner, but also a friend.

Archived