WW1! Is it all over for Germany? Well, it will be soon ..

I'm not sure that any reparations were imposed after WW2. I think the Allies had learned their lesson by then.
We stripped Germany clean of industry I think after WW2.

I know the steel rolling mills at what was Arthur Lee's down Wincobank were from Germany as part of war reparation because as kids we had the chance to visit back in the days before Thatcher when it was expected you had a job in the steel industry.

The same mistakes that the rest of Europe made after the end of WW1 almost happened again after the end of WW2. The Russians stripped their zone of occupation and an American politician by the name of Morgenthau tried hard to convince Roosevelt and Truman to transform the whole of Germany into a cow pasture. Fortunately sanity and common sense prevailed coupled with the very real concern that West Germany could fall to the communists as Poland, East Germany and Czechoslovakia already had. Thus came about the Marshall Plan and the rebuilding of Germany. The Volkswagen auto works owed their resurgence to the very capable management by a senior British army officer.

Archived