Having your pet neutered

I will always neuter and spay my animals because I do believe that it is the right thing to do.

I do understand what people are saying about being responsible and many people are, whilst growing up our 2 bitches were never spayed and never had a litter, although one of the bitches did die most horribly from breast cancer and had weeping mammary tumours (yes I know but not much I could do I was a child :( ).

I have had enough animals in my life to know how horrible seasons are for them, they mope they are sad, they can't go for their normal walks or meet other dogs they feel frustrated, they are hormonal and can be snappy and in my opinion it is cruel that they are not allowed to breed and be kept in this sorry state against their own instinct and need, (obviously they cannot be allowed to randomly breed and I am not advocating that).

Males go stir crazy, go off their food, can't sleep, escape, cause road accidents and fight in the pursuit of lurve, surely it can't be pleasant.

It is all well and good saying that we should let them have a natural life but as soon as we take them into our homes we stop all that, we rule and dominate them in every way and aspect of their lives....unpalatable but true, and in my opinion neutering is no different when it is done for the animals own good and the good of animals in general it has to be a good thing.

The health implications are enough for me, I have watched 2 bitches suffer and be over taken by breast cancer it is an awful disease, I don't want any animal of mine to be like that ever again, yes we all die eventually and we all die of something but surely its all about making life as good and healthy as possible while we (or our pets) are here!

Archived