Burlesque shows

ryski_06

Hi all,

The other day I got talking to some random person about burlesque and they told me that there were somes regular shows and even burlesque clubs/bars in sheffield. Now me being, me has gone and forgotten the names of the places and or show/events. So if anybody out there knows of any burlesque shows or clubs etc could you let me know. Cheers :D

Jared, we are friends on MySpace! Now, onto the burlesque...

There used to be Peek-a-Boo burlesque in the city centre, booking acts like Gwendoline L'amour and Empress Stah, but haven't been any in a while.

Velvet and Burly-Q, I haven't been to, but heard LOTS of good about.

Jared, we are friends on MySpace! Now, onto the burlesque...

There used to be Peek-a-Boo burlesque in the city centre, booking acts like Gwendoline L'amour and Empress Stah, but haven't been any in a while.

Velvet and Burly-Q, I haven't been to, but heard LOTS of good about.

Indeed we are! And I thought I was the only real person (as opposed to band profiles) that still used it! I love how it's wane in popularity coincided precisely with Wupert Murdoch buying it!

Similarly, back to the Burlesque, I believe SOTBB have a Haloween Show at The Library Theatre on Tudor Square on Sunday 31st Oct and they're back here at Mentholmans @WSL on the first Sunday in December for their quarterly show.

i believe narcissus burlesque will be back in town at the end of november also. ;)

a little birdy also told me that the rather luscious deborah deluxe is back in town....so either peek-a-boo may be rising from the ashes or an all new night may be on its way!

how exciting will that be! :D

i regularly have a stalls at both the secrets and burly q nights....id love to do the velvet burlesque, but with no wheels its just too far :(

x

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys absolutely ace will look into these and hopefully attand one. Does anyone know what fashion men wear to burlesque shows etc or any info on the male burlesque fashion......I have ideas such as gangsta type or a gomez addmas look.

Archived