Remember bricklayers arms pub

givin

hereford st. had some great times in there,sixties.

good old days.

About Late 50s To Late60s An Ernest Wright Was The Landlord, He Had I Think Three Sons, TOMMY,KEN, ?, Me And My Wife Used To Baby Sit For Ken And Josie When They Had A flat On London Rd, Ken And Tommy Worked For Hoover Lt, Ken Had A ford Zephr Convertable Which I Sometimes Borrowed At The Weekend.

hi bazza. when i started going in ken&josie, lived above the pub,good landlord,good beer.

Used to go in there myself in mid sixties and we used to have a lock in/that's when all the pubs closed at half ten and there was only the odd night club like the Penny Farthing on the go.

I was away from Sheffield for a while and when I asked about Ken and Josie I was told that she had committed suicide.

anyone also remember Jack Archers sports shop across the road.

I remember Jack Archers sports shop as a kid in the mid to late 70's, it smelt of a boot dubbing, liniment and moth balls I seem to remember. I guess it was pulled down around 1979/80, here's a photo from picture Sheffield. http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=s13708&prevUrl=ZnJvbnRlbmQucGhwPyZrZXl3b3Jkcz1hbGwlM0JNQVRDSEVTJTNCJTI4JTVFJTdDKyUyQiUyOUJyYW1hbGxfTGFuZSUyOCUyNCU3QyslMkIlMjkmYWN0aW9uPXNlYXJjaCZwYWdlPTI=

Archived