Worried about Motor Neurone Disease for some reason

Have you had the results?

They were done by my GP in the surgery, I'm not sure if it was a full Neurological Exam.

I can tell you what was done:-

The doctor looked into my eyes.

They made me follow their finger.

I had to stand up on the spot then close my eyes and hold my arms out in front of me and then turn them over and then put my finger on my nose.

Then i had to walk as if i was on a tightrope and put one foot in front of the other.

The doctor was tapping my legs, feet and arms with a rubber hammer.

I had to bend my legs whilst keeping the other one straight.

Then they were touching my legs and seeing if i felt it and also tickled my feet.

Then i think they made me screw up my eyes and felt my head, cheek and chin.

I think they made me stick my tongue out and say aah as well if i remember correctly.

They were done by my GP in the surgery, I'm not sure if it was a full Neurological Exam.

I had to stand up on the spot then close my eyes and hold my arms out in front of me and then turn them over and then put my finger on my nose.

Then i had to walk as if i was on a tightrope and put one foot in front of the other.

Then they were touching my legs and seeing if i felt it and also tickled my feet.

I think they made me stick my tongue out and say aah as well if i remember correctly.

Sorry if I missed it, have you been referred to a neurologist?

Sorry if I missed it, have you been referred to a neurologist?

No, I presume the GP didn't think it was required after doing those tests, I think that was a Neurological Exam that was performed, Maybe someone could clarify this? If i had signs or symptoms of Motor Neurone Disease i presume they would have been spotted during that test?

No, I presume the GP didn't think it was required after doing those tests, I think that was a Neurological Exam that was performed, Maybe someone could clarify this? If i had signs or symptoms of Motor Neurone Disease i presume they would have been spotted during that test?

I really don't know what the signs are, but as s/he has not referred you for further investigative tests, it would appear that they were satisfied with the basic examination that they performed. As you're clearly not remotely reassured by it, perhaps you should go back and ask for a referral.

You're not allergic to anything are you? Some of the symptoms you describe sound like mild anaphylaxis, although I am no health professional.

I really don't know what the signs are, but as s/he has not referred you for further investigative tests, it would appear that they were satisfied with the basic examination that they performed. As you're clearly not remotely reassured by it, perhaps you should go back and ask for a referral.

You're not allergic to anything are you? Some of the symptoms you describe sound like mild anaphylaxis, although I am no health professional.

I went to see my GP as i have been feeling unwell for a while and mentioned difficulty swallowing and chewing and a few other problems i have been having and the GP done all the things i mentioned above.

Could someone please clarify that the above is a proper Neurological Examination? And would signs of Progressive Bulbar Palsy (A form of MND) Have been spotted during that exam?

I'm interested to know why you continue to ask the forum for medical advice, unless a doctor replies then you aren't going to get your answers are you? Please go back to the doctors and ask if he gave you a 'proper Neurological Examination' the other day, question answered! I do hope you are not suffering too much and feel better soon.

Could someone please clarify that the above is a proper Neurological Examination? And would signs of Progressive Bulbar Palsy (A form of MND) Have been spotted during that exam?

A doctor would answer your question better than a numpty on the internet, but they do those test for MND and MS. If there was a problem it would have manifested itself in those tests.

If it was pbp, it would affect your speech primarily.

Archived