Worried about Motor Neurone Disease for some reason

I had another mini exam by another doctor who checked a few things in the upper part of my body.

I have been getting constant twitching in my bottom lip which is really worrying me, My arms and legs feel weak, Eating and chewing seems slow and a little difficult, Swallowing feels difficult and there's always a lump in the throat.

I get neck pain, pains in my knees, elbows, Twitching in random places, Tingling in my tongue, lips, face, arms, legs etc.

Pins and needles in my hands and feet.

I am terrified of the thought of maybe having Motor Neurone Disease.

I had another mini exam by another doctor who checked a few things in the upper part of my body.

I have been getting constant twitching in my bottom lip which is really worrying me, My arms and legs feel weak, Eating and chewing seems slow and a little difficult, Swallowing feels difficult and there's always a lump in the throat.

I get neck pain, pains in my knees, elbows, Twitching in random places, Tingling in my tongue, lips, face, arms, legs etc.

Pins and needles in my hands and feet.

I am terrified of the thought of maybe having Motor Neurone Disease.

Was the doctor a GP? What did they say? Have they referred you?

I knew I had something wrong and was told I had angina. I was treat for this for 18 mths but I never thought that the diagnosis was right.

I kept putting my symptoms on the internet ( Internet Dr) and getting the same result which was not angina.

So I asked to go privately to a neurologist who told me within 1/2 hour what was wrong, it cost me and I didn't really want him to be right but at last I knew and the medication worked at once.

hazel

Yes it was a GP, I think they said i have no Neurological Symptoms so they haven't referred me.

Did you actually tell the doctor you were worried about having MND?? And what diagnosis did the doctor give you for your symptoms?

Did you actually tell the doctor you were worried about having MND?? And what diagnosis did the doctor give you for your symptoms?

No i didn't mention MND, They might think i am stupid for suggesting it as it's rare in people my age, I haven't been given any diagnosis for my symptoms.

No i didn't mention MND, They might think i am stupid for suggesting it as it's rare in people my age, I haven't been given any diagnosis for my symptoms.

Well, if you're more concerned about appearing "stupid" than you are about having your fears laid to rest, you can't really be that worried about having MND.

No diagnoisis?? What, the doctor just listened to you, checked you out and you went away without even asking what was wrong with you??

Well, if you're more concerned about appearing "stupid" than you are about having your fears laid to rest, you can't really be that worried about having MND.

No diagnoisis?? What, the doctor just listened to you, checked you out and you went away without even asking what was wrong with you??

I am very worried about having MND, I just don't want to appear loony to the doctor but i am going to have to mention it at my next appointment.

Nope no diagnosis at all probably because they don't know.

Archived