Baroness Warsi criticises anti-Islamic Uk press.

No faith group should be exempt from press scrutiny or critiscism.

Couldn't agree more but i would widen that to include pretty any and every group no matter what the colour or creed. Especially politicians they're slippery sods.

Couldn't agree more but i would widen that to include pretty any and every group no matter what the colour or creed. Especially politicians they're slippery sods.

Spot on. And related to the op/subsequent discussions the press should be held to account when they make up/get completely wrong stories and I'd like to see the PCC rules changed so if the press splash a story on the front page which turns out to be total rubbish that they have to splash the appology and retraction on the front page not hide it away among the ads for uncreasable beige trousers and turbo stairlifts.

Might make them actually check the veracity of their stories is half of their front pages were "We got it completely wrong - again!!"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/sep/29/lady-warsi-british-press-anti-islam

The minister without portfolio, the first Muslim woman to serve in the British cabinet, told the New Statesman:

"If you go back historically – [and] I was looking at some [London] Evening Standard headlines, where there were things written about the British Jewish community less than 100 years ago – they have kind of replaced one with the other."

Warsi referred to the conservative columnist Peter Oborne, who has said that anti-Islamic sentiment is the last socially acceptable form of bigotry in the UK, saying:

"That's absolutely true …. If you have a pop at the British Muslim community in the media, then first of all it will sell a few papers; second, it doesn't really matter; and third, it's fair game."

Muslims.

The new Jews.

100 years ago jews were blowing up stuff in uk to.

Your own link:

Never entirely representative of all Jewish opinion, however, the associations between Jewishness and anarchism led to the ‘scape-goating’ of the Jewish community at the time of anarchist bomb atrocities

Major Fail.

yep, point made. muslims are not al qaeda. however al qaeda are muslims.

My late father used to say that this wasn't the country his father and himself had fought in 2 world wars for.

We became 'Global', jumped into bed with the USA and its despot dictator and chose the path of Capitalism. Our politicians are corrupt and can be bought. What is best for this country is not on the agenda in my view. People would rebel if we did what we need to to protect the future for our children.

Getting back on thread, I have no problem with immigration, but multi-culturalism is not working. I do see islam as a threat. I see conflict between values with cultures not mixing because of the vast (perceived) differences, rightly or wrongly.

We became 'Global', jumped into bed with the USA and its despot dictator and chose the path of Capitalism. Our politicians are corrupt and can be bought. What is best for this country is not on the agenda in my view. People would rebel if we did what we need to to protect the future for our children.

Getting back on thread, I have no problem with immigration, but multi-culturalism is not working. I do see islam as a threat. I see conflict between values with cultures not mixing because of the vast (perceived) differences, rightly or wrongly.

you have a valid opinion, you are also correct. is this what warsi is saying we cant discuss?

Archived