Baroness Warsi criticises anti-Islamic Uk press.

Boo hoo hooo mummy mummy mummy ... I said something you don't like so you spat out the dummy.

Oh ... and remember what i said about pandering to the victim's cause.

You're the only one acting like a victim.

Make ignorant bigotted statements if you like, but be prepared to be called an ignorant bigot if you do.

26 percent of the articles portrayed Islam as dangerous, backward or irrational.

Two out of three ain't bad, but Warsi makes a good point while simultaneously failing to see that the newspapers are as important to people as politicians when it comes to forming opinions.

Two out of three ain't bad, but Warsi makes a good point while simultaneously failing to see that the newspapers are as important to people as politicians when it comes to forming opinions.

Sure, the papers sensationalise and come out with all that guff about muslims cancelling Christmas. Rather than "forming" opinions I'd see the red top tabloids and Express and Mail as poking with a stick the most reactionary elements of society.

It is terribly easy to provoke the latent xenophobes but not terribly wise.

You're the only one acting like a victim.

Make ignorant bigotted statements if you like, but be prepared to be called an ignorant bigot if you do.

By you you mean? Can you provide me with the details of your solicitor, I have someone who wants to talk to them?

• 3 months later...

As ever The Daily Mash have it about right :hihi:

BARONESS Warsi will today be asked to explain why some Muslim countries lock you up for having naked fun with someone you have just met.

As the UK's first female muslim cabinet member accused Britain of anti-muslim prejudice, Dubai inconveniently locked up a British woman for having it off with a man by whom she is not legally owned.

In a keynote speech, the co-chairman of the Tory Party will say that foul-mouthed, anti-muslim slogans have now been scratched onto the majority of Britain's dining room tables.

But experts have stressed that anti-Islamic intolerance may be directly proportional to the number of news stories about stonings, honour killings and throwing people in jail for having secular orgasms.

Tom Logan, professor of complicated issues at Reading University, said: "Baroness Warsi may say these are cultural rather than religious values and these countries are behaving in a way that is not truly muslim. But they say they are and it's reasonable to assume they know as much about Islam as she does.

"She also complains about dividing muslims into extremists and moderates, but I do that with Christians as well. And, for that matter, cricket fans, environmentalists and people who watch Masterchef.

"There's nothing wrong with not liking extremism, though at some point you do have to decide what it actually is. And I would say it covers things like Nick Griffin, the Daily Mail, honour killings, sending long, emotional letters to failed Masterchef contestants and handing out jail sentences for casual *******."

He added: "When someone says 'it's okay, they're not very muslim' they're not saying 'it's okay, they'll have a sneaky glass of cider' they're saying 'it's okay, they're not very supportive of imprisoning women who have been raped'.

"A lot of people have a problem with rape victims being jailed, particularly on religious grounds. That doesn't make you a Nazi. It actually makes you the opposite of a Nazi.

"Which I suppose would make you a gay, Jewish gypsy who hates motorways and violence.

"Which actually sounds rather lovely."

As ever The Daily Mash have it about right :hihi:

BARONESS Warsi will today be asked to explain why some Muslim countries lock you up for having naked fun with someone you have just met.

As the UK's first female muslim cabinet member accused Britain of anti-muslim prejudice, Dubai inconveniently locked up a British woman for having it off with a man by whom she is not legally owned.

In a keynote speech, the co-chairman of the Tory Party will say that foul-mouthed, anti-muslim slogans have now been scratched onto the majority of Britain's dining room tables.

But experts have stressed that anti-Islamic intolerance may be directly proportional to the number of news stories about stonings, honour killings and throwing people in jail for having secular orgasms.

Tom Logan, professor of complicated issues at Reading University, said: "Baroness Warsi may say these are cultural rather than religious values and these countries are behaving in a way that is not truly muslim. But they say they are and it's reasonable to assume they know as much about Islam as she does.

"She also complains about dividing muslims into extremists and moderates, but I do that with Christians as well. And, for that matter, cricket fans, environmentalists and people who watch Masterchef.

"There's nothing wrong with not liking extremism, though at some point you do have to decide what it actually is. And I would say it covers things like Nick Griffin, the Daily Mail, honour killings, sending long, emotional letters to failed Masterchef contestants and handing out jail sentences for casual *******."

He added: "When someone says 'it's okay, they're not very muslim' they're not saying 'it's okay, they'll have a sneaky glass of cider' they're saying 'it's okay, they're not very supportive of imprisoning women who have been raped'.

"A lot of people have a problem with rape victims being jailed, particularly on religious grounds. That doesn't make you a Nazi. It actually makes you the opposite of a Nazi.

"Which I suppose would make you a gay, Jewish gypsy who hates motorways and violence.

"Which actually sounds rather lovely."

Satire adds little, and claiming all muslims want to imprison rape victims kind of proves my point about anti-muslim lies in the media.

It's an invidious campaign where the word "muslim" is inevitably associated with silly made-up and totally untrue stories about muslims banning something or other that turns out to be a load of old trousers.

If the stuff people read in newspapers has no effect on people I guess all the advertisements must be a waste of money?

Satire adds little, and claiming all muslims want to imprison rape victims kind of proves my point about anti-muslim lies in the media.

Where did he say "all"?

You spin stuff so much, it's pointless discussing things with you, your an extremist and have just proved his point!

That doesn't make you a Nazi. It actually makes you the opposite of a Nazi.

Where did he say "all"?

Where the professor, who doesn't exist, mentions "very muslim".

What does that even mean?

Devout?

So, every devout muslim believes a raped woman should be imprisoned?

Tosh, balderdash and a load of old squit.

Unhelpful and proves my point.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/sep/29/lady-warsi-british-press-anti-islam

The minister without portfolio, the first Muslim woman to serve in the British cabinet, told the New Statesman:

"If you go back historically – [and] I was looking at some [London] Evening Standard headlines, where there were things written about the British Jewish community less than 100 years ago – they have kind of replaced one with the other."

Warsi referred to the conservative columnist Peter Oborne, who has said that anti-Islamic sentiment is the last socially acceptable form of bigotry in the UK, saying:

"That's absolutely true …. If you have a pop at the British Muslim community in the media, then first of all it will sell a few papers; second, it doesn't really matter; and third, it's fair game."

Muslims.

The new Jews.

This is just an attempt at censorship, to prevent any negative stories about Muslims or Islam from hitting the press. If allowed to succeed, any form of discussion or criticism of Muslims or Islam however just or warranted it may or may not be, will become disallowed and dismissed without the public ever being able to look at it themselves through a magnifying glass and make their own minds up. We can kiss goodbye to free speech and freedom of the press, as those valuable freedoms become subordinate to a Islam. Other religions will not be afforded the same luxery.

Archived