Larry Miller Band Boardwalk Fri 1st Oct

jazzamatazz

Friday 1st October

Larry Miller is fast becoming one of the must see rock acts of 2010. With his energetic and eclectic style, Larry brings a new dimension of showmanship to his performances.

After picking up his brother’s guitar and writing his first song, he felt his future lay in the same direction as his hero Rory Gallagher. Larry himself says: “For me, my moment of inspiration was seeing Rory Gallagher live, I had never experienced anything like it. So loud, so gloriously on the edge of total mayhem, yet Rory was still totally in control. How could I NOT do this too! Like Rory I’d work under my own name, with a band. I’d do all the writing, singing, producing, playing and leading.”

During his career, Larry has had his fair share of highs and lows, but he feels that his highest point to date was at the 2009 Cambridge Rock Festival. The whole affair started rather badly, with Larry’s name missing on the website, and then the news that he would not be playing the main stage; they had him headlining the blues tent. Larry and his band set up, and began to play to a rather empty tent. Meanwhile, the main stage had technical problems, so the headline acts couldn’t play. It wasn’t long before the blues tent was overflowing. When the set had ended, the crowd called seven encores. To his surprise, Larry heard the MC call a “National Larry Miller Day!”

http://www.larrymiller.co.uk/

BOX OFFICE

0871 230 1101 (24HR) or

The Boardwalk on gig nights.

Plug Box Office, Record Collector,

Rocky Horror, The Porter Brook, Sheffield City Hall Box Office, The Arena Box Office, Sheffield Students Union.

Promoted a couple of gigs by Larry at the University in the '80s'. Even back then (probably in his mid-20s) he was something special. Then he "got God" for a few years, or so I understand. Glad to hear he's back on the devils' music. ]

Should be worth a visit! RIGHT CHAPS! :cool:

Archived