Pete Cresswell motorcycles (Swinton)

banjodeano

I am sorry that this is not a Sheffield question...but does anyone remember Pete Cresswell from Swinton, i was thinking about him the other day...he used to have an old motorcycle shop in Swinton, he was a real character, i just wondered if anyone new anything about him, where he was from and how he got started in the motorcycle business etc,

Many thanks

• 9 years later...

I moved to Mexborough in the 80's and Pete's shop was an institution...although my biking days were virtually over by then so I never met him myself.

I have a mate who was a regular...keep an eye on the forum and I'll try and post something if I can get in touch with him.

The shop was a hair salon last time I noticed.

9 hours ago, I love bikes said:

Any reason  you were asking about him?

Not really, its just that he used to live very close to me, and in used to call in there a lot for my spare parts, one day i saw he had a bike inside that i fancied and didnt have enough money, he told me to take it and bring the rest in next week, he was amazed when i turned up with the money the week later and didnt have to come looking for me lol

i always remember the old bikes that he used to have inside, they were not for sale though