Does anyone remember the blind guy outside Suggs

Busliboy

What about the Old Moore's Almanac con merchants? Got stung for half a crown in Pond Street before I developed a bit of street nous.

In the fifties a freind of mine used to sell Old Moore's Almanac on the Moor just down from the arcade. Limping, he would push the Almanac into a pedestrian's hands and mutter something about it being in aid of disabled ex-servicemen.

Only a set of nutcases would have demolished that arcade another Sheffield landmark gone!

P.S. Any photo,s any one.

cuttsie we could be twin brothers, you always say exactly what I was about to say. In cities with sensibly councils, this would now be a little treasure, it would be just like a miniature Burlington Arcade, as to be found in London.

I will risk repeating myself, but Sheffield City Council has done more damage to the city centre than Hitler managed.

...P.S. Any photo,s any one.
Here is a link to a photo on the picturesheffield.com site: http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=u04999&prevUrl=ZnJvbnRlbmQucGhwPyZrZXl3b3Jkcz1hbGwlM0JNQVRDSEVTJTNCJTI4JTVFJTdDKyUyQiUyOUNhbWJyaWRnZV9BcmNhZGUlMjglMjQlN0MrJTJCJTI5JmFjdGlvbj1zZWFyY2g=

It is the opposite (Union Street) end to where Suggs was.

cuttsie we could be twin brothers, you always say exactly what I was about to say. In cities with sensibly councils, this would now be a little treasure, it would be just like a miniature Burlington Arcade, as to be found in London.

I will risk repeating myself, but Sheffield City Council has done more damage to the city centre than Hitler managed.

Bang on Crookesey and they are still at it! Nuff said or i will be getting my usual fan mail!

Made my day that photo has Banker ,My youth was spent round that area, El Mambo was just up on the left and Barney Goodmans Englands best Tailor at the top left, He used to make me look like Max Bear shoulderwise but not in hight, cuban heels did that.

Archived