Victorian windows Sheffield

LizzeeLou

We have just purchased a victorian house in s10 and would like some advice on the type of sash window decorative designs that would have been in the area (ours are now pvc). We have looked on our street bu there is such a variation - can anyone point me in the direction of a local resource where I could find out this information?

With thanks

We have just purchased a victorian house in s10 and would like some advice on the type of sash window decorative designs that would have been in the area (ours are now pvc). We have looked on our street bu there is such a variation - can anyone point me in the direction of a local resource where I could find out this information?

With thanks

Try Burwood Joinery at the top of Ridgeway Road, that is if you are thinking of replacing.

you could try the library photo archives.

and i know frame-ups in hillsborough do reproduction double glazed sash windows and they may be helpful for some advice as to the best way to proceed if you are thinking of getting some work done.

x

I manage a house in S10 with some original Victorian windows. Did you want double glazed ones or original? These are the original wooden sash windows on the landing. It also has the original fireplaces in the drawing room.

The windows are handpainted in a red pattern which, we have just found to our cost, are extremely expensive to replace if one is broken. It seems the red paint has gold particles in it to get the proper colour.

Archived