Neighbour parked blocking our drive even though he has his own drive

The reference to phoning the cops was in case it hadn't been handled politely, and the neighbour had decided to 'kick off'!!

Fair point. If someone decides to ... "SCREAM abuse t anyone who dared park there" (sic) then you can legitimately report them to the police for threatening behaviour.

Whether it'll achieve anything is still questionable, but at least you'd have legal grounds.

That would be pointless. There is no legal right of access onto your own private drive.

There's a legal right of access from your drive onto the road, but that does not apply here.

That`s not what the Police told me. They said anyone parked across your drive (i.e. a dropped curb) is causing an obstruction.

That`s not what the Police told me. They said anyone parked across your drive (i.e. a dropped curb) is causing an obstruction.

They're causing an obstruction if you cannot get onto the road from your drive. You have no right to get onto your drive from the road.

It's a bizarre and very silly law. Am I allowed to park in front of someone's drive who has a garage? How do I know if their car is in the garage (illegal) or not (legal)? Ridiculous.

Seriously, I had this , my neighbour would push his wheelie bin outside his house (in a free parking area, there are no parking permits or anything) and he would SCREAM abuse t anyone who dared park there.

His car eventually had paint poured over it.

5 times.

What a <REMOVED>, I have told similar people that it is the Queens Highway and asked them if they are the Queen.

Hi people,

I went our earlier in my car and when I came back I parked on the road not blocking anyone and left enough room for mum to get off our drive. Then about 30min ago my mum left so our drive is empty and my car is still on the road not blocking anyone.

Well my neighbour has just come home and parked right behind my car blocking our drive even though he has his own drive he could park on.

Nothing stopping you blocking their drive. You can say you had to because you couldn't get access to yours ;)

Nothing stopping you blocking their drive. You can say you had to because you couldn't get access to yours ;)

Or, put your car behind his, and your mum's in front. Just close enough to prevent him from getting out easily. If he does it again, reduce the gap:)

Why doesn't everyone just have the courtesy not to park over someone else's drive. Simple. On a match day, we occasionally park over a bit of next door's if someone has parked right up to ours. But our neighbour doesn't have a car, and she knows we'll move ours as soon as the footy fans have left. Give the fans their due, they've never parked over drives on our street.

On corners and junctions, but never over drives. :o

I had this once, I asked the guy nicely several times, but it made no difference. I then wrote him a letter (keeping a copy) informing him that I had photographs of his vehicle blocking the entrance to my garage. I told him that I would take legal action, and as I was obviously in the right he would end up paying the legal costs.

He stopped doing it.

Hi people,

I went our earlier in my car and when I came back I parked on the road not blocking anyone and left enough room for mum to get off our drive. Then about 30min ago my mum left so our drive is empty and my car is still on the road not blocking anyone.

Well my neighbour has just come home and parked right behind my car blocking our drive even though he has his own drive he could park on.

I'm not good at confrontations and I know it will end in an arguement.

Where do I stand?

Hire a Land Rover for the day with a winch and drag it out of the way it works trust me it works I have done it. No problem it never happend again.

Good Luck

Archived