Neighbour parked blocking our drive even though he has his own drive

Hire a Land Rover for the day with a winch and drag it out of the way it works trust me it works I have done it. No problem it never happend again.

Good Luck

Well, at least the perpetrator will be able to say that he has been pulled by sandie. :rolleyes:

We had an ignorant pig at work who used to take up 2 parking spaces until I put an old traffic cone partially under the front of it. When he drove off without seeing it, it got stuck underneath his car and it took him ages to free it but it cured him of his bad habit.

Hi people,

I went our earlier in my car and when I came back I parked on the road not blocking anyone and left enough room for mum to get off our drive. Then about 30min ago my mum left so our drive is empty and my car is still on the road not blocking anyone.

Well my neighbour has just come home and parked right behind my car blocking our drive even though he has his own drive he could park on.

I'm not good at confrontations and I know it will end in an arguement.

Where do I stand?

Have you tried letting the tyres down ?

' If I can't go anywhere then you can't '

The one thing missing from Bluey's situation is someone actually wanting access to the blocked drive.

Until someone wants to drive in, there is no obstruction. The 'neighbour' would be likely to say something like "OK. I'll shift it when she comes back".

Was he still there when Mum came home?

Regardless of what you think, this is the advice I was given by the community police officer yesterday ie to phone 101.

I posted as the advice could help other people in a similar position who were unaware of the service.

Way to go if you want an already mardy neighbour getting even more mardy with you. And a waste of an expensive service, if it's for an isolated incident. That's another thing I think :hihi:

What's wrong with people today wanting to get the police involved because they find themselves unable to ask their neighbours politely if they'd mind moving their car that's blocking your drive?:rolleyes:

As a responcable driver I would never block an access and leave the car, if it was necessary to do that I would sit in the car and if required move.

Various people work for the emergency services and are on 24hr call and the last thing they need is an idiot blocking their exit, so there is no excuse for anyone to obstruct an entrance or exit

Way to go if you want an already mardy neighbour getting even more mardy with you. And a waste of an expensive service, if it's for an isolated incident. That's another thing I think :hihi:

What's wrong with people today wanting to get the police involved because they find themselves unable to ask their neighbours politely if they'd mind moving their car that's blocking your drive?:rolleyes:

Bloody Southerners and other non Yorkshire people coming here and arguing with neighbours instead of drinking tea.

Or, put your car behind his, and your mum's in front. Just close enough to prevent him from getting out easily. If he does it again, reduce the gap:)

we did this once as he consistently parked over the driveway. He came round shouting asking us to move our cars which we took our time over doing. But funnily enough he never did it again! We also had to phone the police due to an idiot parking And blocking our car in over the driveway. Any other time we could have just let it go but we were going to a funeral of a family child. It still hurts And angers me. We called the police And they were great. They even offered us a means of getting there but fortunately we managed to get lifts. It was parked there all afternoon. The driver got a ticket but it absolutely infuriated us for being so inconsiderate. Why cant some people just think twice.:rant:

Archived