New driving test!

as i know the law it is against the law for a unattended learner to drive on the highway

this new test to me will result in more failed tests, a lot of people fail due to nerves knowing they are on test and being watched think back to school days but as above it will create jobs and money

As if it's not hard enough already!

Now drivers are expected to memorise a set of instructions from the examiner, for example...

"take the next left, then your second right, straight on at the first roundabout, then 3rd exit at the next roundabout."

How this is supposed to make anyone a better driver, I don't know! No wonder there was a mad rush of drivers trying to pass before this silly introduction!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the government are just trying to get more money from learner drivers??

I know that there are some bad drivers on the road, but making the test harder isn't going to stop idiots driving like mad men once they have passed their test!!

I thought that's what sat navs were for! :hihi: I use mine all the time, even if I know where I'm going because it warns you whenever you approach a speed camera. :)

as i know the law it is against the law for a unattended learner to drive on the highway this new test to me will result in more failed tests

Being "attended" doesn't mean the accompanying driver has to be constantly giving you instructions/directions.

If you haven't reached the stage, where you can drive a few miles, without step by step directions, then I doubt you are ready for the test.

Well it's finally started today has anyone taken it yet?

I'm curious to know how it works

My son will have to take the new one soon.

If his instructor is worth his salt, he/she should be priming him already.

I know of two people who took it yesterday and haven't had any problems at all.

If his instructor is worth his salt, he/she should be priming him already.

I know of two people who took it yesterday and haven't had any problems at all.

I have no doubts about him being ready or passing he's been doing the independent driving practice really well.

I just wondered how others were finding it .

Archived