New driving test!

ive got my test in nov,has any one took the new test,how was it, would like to know,just looked at the video and looks ok,its what we are guna have to do when we are on our own,u dont fail for going the wrong way or forgetting where to go, its just to see how we cope,that we dont panic if we do take a a wrong turn,

Mondeo Man and others. as i understand anyone who does not hold a full licence is not allowed to drive without supervision if the examnner is out of the car there is no supervision where does the insurance stand in case of a accident i wouuld think the ins would say it is void in event of a accident

When learning to drive motor cycle i was stopped by police because i had a pillion passenger and my brother had to produce is licence to a station to prove we were legal

the reason my statement about failures in test is nerves ,case in point my nethew took 5 attempts to pass his test failed 4 down to pure nerves and was always the same when taking shcool exams,used to be phisicaly sick, as now been on the road some50 years with a clean licence

Anybody who cannot concentrate on obeying up to 3 directions whilst also driving safely really shouldn't have a driving licence anyway.

Oh come on Medusa! You mean to tell me, when you first passed your test you were confident and able from day 1?! This sort of attitude really makes me cross. Isnt there a general consensus of opinion that you only really start to learn once the test has been passed? Certainly true in my case. For what its worth, i'm so glad I passed 18 months ago!! ;)

Where are you going to get the examiners, not to mention test slots, to conduct 3 million+ tests per year :confused:

Im sure out of the six million not working, a few examiners wouldnt be a big problem and self funding.

Your easily confused arnt you?A retest wouldnt worry you would it?

Oh come on Medusa! You mean to tell me, when you first passed your test you were confident and able from day 1?! This sort of attitude really makes me cross. Isnt there a general consensus of opinion that you only really start to learn once the test has been passed? Certainly true in my case. For what its worth, i'm so glad I passed 18 months ago!! ;)

But if you were a good driver then it wouldnt make any difference when you passed would it?The test can hardly be descibed as difficult!

Mondeo Man and others. as i understand anyone who does not hold a full licence is not allowed to drive without supervision if the examnner is out of the car there is no supervision where does the insurance stand in case of a accident i wouuld think the ins would say it is void in event of a accident

There's some wires crossed here, maybe.

In the "Independent Driving" phase of the test, the examiner is still in the car.

The difference is that he/she will not be giving instructions at every single turn or junction.

Instead, the ex. will give the pupil a number of verbal instructions to follow a route and/or to follow a set of directions for, roughly, ten minutes. The ten-minute run may actually be done in two 5-minute parts, say, depending on the test centre and routes available.

When learning to drive motor cycle I was stopped by police because I had a pillion passenger and my brother had to produce his licence to a station to prove we were legal

I'm guessing this was quite a few years ago?, because, provisional riders haven't been allowed to carry any pillion passengers, for quite some years now.

You mean to tell me, when you first passed your test you were confident and able from day 1?!

I took my test late morning, and was on the local Motorway, unaccompanied, on the afternoon of the same day.

True, as a learner, I had been on a lot of NSL dual carriageways, and had driven as far as Blackpool and back (100 miles), and through Manchester City Centre.

Maybe new drivers were just more self confident/adventurous back then :confused:

Archived