New driving test!

Hi Freeman,

I have my driving test (first one) on Friday.

I'll let you know what it's like then!

Kel

thanks alot, am confident about it as i love driving, just like to no what its like at this new bit they have put in, i no we dont fail if take a wrong turn or owt, just to see if we can be calm about it if we do,have fun and hope ya pass,xx

But if you were a good driver then it wouldnt make any difference when you passed would it?The test can hardly be descibed as difficult!

On the contrary, the driving test was the hardest thing I have ever done. I was good enough to pass the test, the learning is ongoing.

Following signs/a route is one thing, but complying with a series of spoken instructions, like the OP mentions, is totally discriminatory to many people, who can drive perfectly well, certain types of dyslexics, for example, who have poor auditory memory skills, and those who get their left and right mixed up. Surely, a test that discriminates against such groups, who can be perfect drivers, can't be allowed?

Most of the driver instructors will know the routes and the destinations so you you be able to do it with no problem if you get the practice in.

These large car parks are great for learner drivers in the quiet hours so you can practice all the manouvres. When it comes to these instructions you will be able to concentrate on that and not the handling.

As if it's not hard enough already!

Now drivers are expected to memorise a set of instructions from the examiner, for example...

"take the next left, then your second right, straight on at the first roundabout, then 3rd exit at the next roundabout."

How this is supposed to make anyone a better driver, I don't know! No wonder there was a mad rush of drivers trying to pass before this silly introduction!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the government are just trying to get more money from learner drivers??

I know that there are some bad drivers on the road, but making the test harder isn't going to stop idiots driving like mad men once they have passed their test!!

can you imagine the chaos giving a women 4 commands in one go they will be carnage on the roads .. im off now think im in trouble and whats she doing with that frying pan? :hihi:

Unfortunately, the government a going to get strict on this because statistically more young people and new drivers are involved in accidents (I know because I deal with their claim for a living).

Anyway, we are actually one of the european countries with slightly relaxed regulations than others

Unfortunately, the government a going to get strict on this because statistically more young people and new drivers are involved in accidents (I know because I deal with their claim for a living).

Anyway, we are actually one of the european countries with slightly relaxed regulations than others

Funny that, I'd completely disagree. Without wanting to go through my case loads over the last 15 years, I'd say I've seen a fairly even split of men/woman, young/old. Hey ho.

Archived