Can anyone tell me why there is no history on the web about Lowedges?

shefflasfema

Why is there no history on Lowedges?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Why is there no history on Lowedges?

• Is there enough information on Lowedges Sheffield on the web?
    • Do we learn enough about our local towns from the internet?
    • Is there more the locals can do to make their home towns more popular to outsiders?

Can anyone tell me why there is no history on the web about Lowedges? I am very interested in learning about the place, but I am finding it difficult to learn any history at all! I would appreciate it if someone could tell me as much as they can regarding when Lowedges was founded and when it first appeared on maps etc...

Originally posted by Fareast

It's probably because Lowedges hasn't got a history .

After all what can you say about fields ?

I think that more or less right. And wasn't the area part of Derbyshire originally, so any information would be in the Derbyshire records rather than Sheffield?

Low Edges is the name of the Council eastate. Its was built on the borders of Greenhill village and a lot of the land used to belong to the Chantrey family. Otherwise not much known. Yoy MAY get better information from iether the city library or Sheffield Town Hall

:clap:

Thank you very much to everyone that has replied to my query!! I know Lowedges isnt a VERY interesting place to talk about but it is my home and home to alot of other people too.

Yet, if anyone can give any more information what ever it might be regarding anything to do with Lowedges i would be gratefull!!!!!

:)

Does anyone have any photos of Lowedges and the immediate surrounding areas?! It doesnt matter how old the photos are, or how upto date they are, I would love to see them, and I am sure alot of other people would too?!

:clap::D:help::P:D:clap:

Archived