Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

The operation of these scanners at Manchester is done in such a way that the operative that views the scanned images is in a remote location and is not viewing the passengers. They wouldn't know if they were looking at Madonna or Anne Widdecombe.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/X-Ray-Scanners-Public-Information

..although they could probably tell Madonna from Anne Widdecombe ;)

We phoned up the Department of Transport they said legally you had a right to ask for the person viewing your image to be of the same sex. However he then went on to imply that he didn`t think the airport security would be prepared to check this.

It`d be interesting to know what would happen if someone did insist on this.

We`re trying to get it in writing, so if we get asked, sorry, ordered, to go into the scanner we`ll produce the document and insist on our rights. We`re not going to let these little Hitlers push us around without a fight, we`re British !

We also read thet some Human Rights lawyers, not people I normally have much time for, but in this case I`ll change the habit of a lifetime, refused to go through the scanner it was reported that they were the only people who have ever complained. They must be lying, we both complained, and I can`t believe that nobody else, assuming they actually knew what was happening, didn`t object in any way. This is supposed to be Great Britain, we don`t live in fear about bugger all, and meekly obey every order we`re given, I thought that was the Germans ! Mind you more people should complain about more things generally....

• 3 weeks later...

Who cares if the scanners see you naked, if these stop intended bombers or anything along them lines who really cares. Nope not me, all I care about is getting on a plane or being in a airport and feeling safe and going on me jollies!!

Get over yourself these sercurity blokes are going to be sick of the sight of naked bodies after a few shifts anyway!:)

Tell you what would put me off flying, going to the airport and there being little or no sercurity measures! Nobody caring who or what was getting on the planes!

I think we forget the extremes people go to, to cause mayhem and destruction so I for one are glad that airlines are looking after us and after all they are doing it for our saftey!

Archived