Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

How about we have a protest where everyone goes through man then woman then man etc and each requests a same sex checker, and all wear the fig pants highlighted previously so we all get subjected to a pat down where again we request a same sex checker.

surely a ryan air flight cost would be worth that!

Selective image there. How about this one: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2010/11/rapiscan1000.jpg

"Say what you see".

Yeah, fairly clear impression of the genitals going on there. I'm not in favour of this kind of thing in general as it happens. I just think the voyeur/pervert/filthound angle is rather overplayed.

A pair of these tungsten pants should help maintain privacy and reduce the xray bombardment of your nethers :thumbsup:

http://www.rockyflatsgear.com/

I was wondering if you could make up some radar reflective body paint. I would imagine white suncreen stick (like what cricket players use) could be used to write messages on your body for the people operating this scanner.

I once had the idea of having thin sheets of metal laser cut with lettering and designs, that you could slip into the lining of your hand luggage. They could give the security attendants helpful messages like "this bag certified bomb free"

I was wondering if you could make up some radar reflective body paint. I would imagine white suncreen stick (like what cricket players use) could be used to write messages on your body for the people operating this scanner.

I once had the idea of having thin sheets of metal laser cut with lettering and designs, that you could slip into the lining of your hand luggage. They could give the security attendants helpful messages like "this bag certified bomb free"

:hihi: I was thinking an abusive note to the viewer-that cannot be written here offering genital and nipple coverage

Here`s another interesting sidelight on all this.

Last year the police stopped 101,248 people under section 44 of the anti terrorism act.

Not one person was arrested.

Yeah, it`s so dangerous, it really is.

We really need to be treated like criminals to make us safe so we can sleep soundly in our beds.

What about the roads ?

You know, where people get upset at being prosecuted for actually breaking the law (when they exceed the speed limit) 26,912 were killed or seriously injured last year.

Welcome, to the wonderful world, of Disney, (or some other fantastical place where anything can happen and logic is meaningless)........

I'd rather be scanned like this than:

a - a full body cavity search

b - be blown up in an aeroplane

Yes, it's not a nice thought but don't blame the poeple protecting us - blame the people trying to kill us

i agree totally

its not the ones protecting us they are just doing a job..

I'd rather be scanned like this than:

a - a full body cavity search

b - be blown up in an aeroplane

If those were the only alternatives, you'd have a point, almost.

I still don't see the need for these scanners. Why can't people just undress - you're only naked for a few seconds.

I'd rather be naked in front of a trained, vetted, non-perverse security attendant, than subjected to:

a- a full body cavity search

b - be blown up in an aircraft

c - being sat next to half the people on this thread

Archived