Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

if those were the only alternatives, you'd have a point, almost.

I still don't see the need for these scanners. Why can't people just undress - you're only naked for a few seconds.

I'd rather be naked in front of a trained, vetted, non-perverse security attendant, than subjected to:

A- a full body cavity search

b - be blown up in an aircraft

c - being sat next to half the people on this thread

c - lol :D

• 2 months later...

We have been pressing the Department of Transport to clarify exactly what is meant by you "have the right to ask for a same sex viewer" (of these images).

Being a cynic I thought that meant precisely sweet FA.

Guess what ?

My cynicism was completely justified.

The D of T have confirmed you have the right to ask for a same sex viewer, but the airport do not have to provide one.

No wonder people are so cynical about politicians.....

So hold that tummy (or possibly tummies) in Ladies, and Gents of course !

Personally I`m not actually so bothered about whether it`s a same sex viewer or not (women tend to be more concerned though ! ), I hate the whole thing because it`s so bleedin`degrading.

• 1 month later...

how would parents feel about their children having these images produced?

in the name of safety please can we have naked images of your kids!

o and please not forget the Detroit x-mas bomber was was allowed to board the plane with NO PASSPORT ( according to the passengers )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FBCHKu2KU&feature=channel_video_title

This is just a means of getting the public to be submissive but then if you don't mind someone making indecent images of your children in the name of security then you deserve all you get. BTW when was the last time a plane was blown up from inside the cabin?

Six years ago. And it happened twice.

Archived