Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

are they, then how did some scanner operators manage to make copies of more then 100 people in that case?

this is very interesting: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/1/6/165831/7563/travel/Full-Body+Scanners+101%3A+How+Naked+Is+Full-Body+Scan+Naked%3F

and this is also: http://www.prisonplanet.com/exposed-naked-body-scanner-images-of-film-star-printed-circulated.html

i remember the Indian actor coming on the Jonathon ross show and talking about the printing of his private parts!

have you any idea how a computer works?

It's quite clear that you have as much of an idea of how a computer works as you do truth and logic :rolleyes:

There is no need what-so-ever for a computer to be storing the images on a hard drive. It's certainly not a requirement of it's use.

The thing which completely escapes me is those people who would rather have a rub down search instead of going the machine. Surely having some perverted security guard groping you is worse than them oggling your wobbly bits in a darkened room somewhere?

have you any idea how a computer works?

Let me just check what my degree certificate says and what I do for a living....

Yep, all about computers, I dare say that I know a little bit more about it than you do.

of coarse every single image produced gets stored!

unless the hardrive used was to spin back after each images was created and reformat its self each time! which it is obvious they will not do!

There's no real reason that the image must hit the hard drive at all, and if it did that doesn't make it accessible to the security guy to somehow take away with him.

Do you imagine that they're using normal pc's, with a sheffield forum session open in the browser and naked passengers popping up in another window?

the fact is a country like Israel which has the highest threat level sees these machines of no use and has rejected them to be used on its soil, makes me think why on earth should we be subjected too them!

I agree that they are pointless, I'm just not concerned about paedophiles working in the industry and oggling green and purple images of children.

<snip> makes me think why on earth should we be subjected too them!

Actually, and this is quite obvious, this thread should have ended with: you don't have to be subjected to them. If you don't like them, don't use them.

But sadly, that entirely reasonable statement seems to have baffled you entirely.

It shows the outrageous hysterical over-reactive nature of our society when a potentially life saving device is flagged up as a possible source of paedophillia. I just find that incredibly sad. And nuts. The whole thing is nuts.

how much radiation is the human body exposed too when some one passes through these machines?

Probably less than you get from eating a banana.

why does Israel not what any of these scanners at its airports?

they are after all a Israeli invention?

There are thousands of British inventions not used in Britain. Should we be suspicious of them too?

how much radiation is the human body exposed too when some one passes through these machines?

has any one got a figure?

Israel uses a totally different method for airport security and if the same was used in the UK we would have way more people up in arms about it than the full body airport scanner.

has any one got a figure?

I smell another conspiricy theory looming.

I reckon it's a family planning plot to sterilise men and women.

Archived