Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

Israel uses a totally different method for airport security and if the same was used in the UK we would have way more people up in arms about it than the full body airport scanner.

methods such as? what else would be more intrusive than a naked body scan for every man women and child who required to catch a flight?

methods such as? what else would be more intrusive than a naked body scan for every man women and child who required to catch a flight?

Israeli airport security - Google is your friend.

But a big one is racial profiling. Imagine the uproar if people where selected at MAN for extra screening pruely because they where of middle eastern appearance or had a middle eastern sounding name.

Chertoff is one of the main people pushing for the scanners to be implemented!

why would the state of Israel refuse his technology if it is so effective at combating terrorism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTiXTjqjK9U

It is up to Israel to choose whichever method they see fit, if you don't like it don't go there.

I've rarely had shoes scanned (although it has happened).

It isn't mandatory, so you can't argue that shoe scanners will stop it, whereas a mandatory body scan whilst wearing shoes will.

And the reason pilots are scanned is so that in the event that they are being forced to undertake deeds against their will then they won't get it through security.

Mod Note

Posts containing insults have been removed along with anything that refers to a deleted post.

If you wish to repost please do so without getting personal.

I've rarely had shoes scanned (although it has happened).

It isn't mandatory, so you can't argue that shoe scanners will stop it, whereas a mandatory body scan whilst wearing shoes will.

And the reason pilots are scanned is so that in the event that they are being forced to undertake deeds against their will then they won't get it through security.

I went throught the scanner and kept setting the alarm off, on the umpteenth attampt it turned out that my trainers had a metal insert built into the soles.

Everyone gave a big cheer as there was quite a big hold up and also a lot of interest had developed by then.

Archived