Manchester airport security scanners, now compulsory, men see women naked !

Like Nagel mentioned, I wouldn`t be quite so upset by these awful scanners if I wasn`t forced to stand in such a humiliating position.

If I could stand normally, whilst sticking two fingers up at the viewer as my protest at the indignity of it, I wouldn`t mind, not quite so much anyway.

That`s the whole thing about these things, have you never heard about human dignity ? It`s supposed to be a free country.....

You're complaining about human dignity!

It's a scanner.

Seriously. Overexaggerate much?

I assume these people don't go the swimming baths, or gym, or the beach, or anywhere else where someone could see just as much of them as in this scanner ?

That`s a flawed argument. The point is that under those circumstances you`re choosing who gets to see you and what position you`re adopting when they do so. What`s more you can see whoever is looking at you, and the chances are they`re also dressed the same way as you.

Incidentally, many people actually won`t go to the swimming pool because they don`t like people looking at their bodies.

How about this, the operators of these awful machines have to sit next to them dressed in their underpants, whilst you`re being scanned. If you are made to stand in an undignified way, they should also be made to adopt the same posture. I could cope with that.

How about this, the operators of these awful machines have to sit next to them dressed in their underpants, whilst you`re being scanned. If you are made to stand in an undignified way, they should also be made to adopt the same posture. I could cope with that.

I wonder what my GP will say when he next has to perform a digital exam on me and I ask to return the compliment.

Archived