Human rights lawyers condemn English tests for spouses coming to UK

Closed boarders for a start. The majority of immigrants dont give a toss about learning the language. Its not on their radar and tbh we have enough of them now.We are only a small country and we are full.

English speaking or not, id prefere if they went somewhere else.

Really? Do you have evidence of this claim? What possible use is it for the so called majority to land on our shores with the intention of never learning the language?

And we all know why they pass so many borders to get here, but it seems you've got the Nelson touch when it comes to that ("I see no ships").

We're not talking about foriegn students we're talking about illegal immigrants/economic scroungers/false asylum seekers whose best command of the English language is "Political asylum/Social Security/DSS office.

But this thread is not about the wider immigration debate, it's about spouses coming to join their spouse in the UK.

Really? Do you have evidence of this claim? What possible use is it for the so called majority to land on our shores with the intention of never learning the language?

Go for a walk down darnall or one of our many other immigrant friendly estates.

Then come back and post :)

Closed boarders for a start. The majority of immigrants dont give a toss about learning the language. Its not on their radar and tbh we have enough of them now.

We are only a small country and we are full.

English speaking or not, id prefere if they went somewhere else.

We find it hard enough to look after our own needy (people who were born here and worked all their lives) without the dregs of the world soaking up our benefit system or encouraging the fat cat employers to pay cash in hand below subsistance level wages to immigrants.

And we all know why they pass so many borders to get here, but it seems you've got the Nelson touch when it comes to that ("I see no ships").

We're not talking about foriegn students we're talking about illegal immigrants/economic scroungers/false asylum seekers whose best command of the English language is "Political asylum/Social Security/DSS office.

The poster I was responding to was referring to the 'majority of immigrants', they took great pleasure in subsequently glorifying the expression.

You obviously haven't read my previous contributions to this thread, far from claiming non English speaking immigrants aren't an issue, I've acknowledged they are and support the proposal for pre entry English test. What I won't condone are reckless statements and lies about immigration generally.

Ps; to your average ignoramus, a foreign student resembles the illegal immigrants/economic scroungers/false asylum seekers whose best command of the English language is "Political asylum/Social Security/DSS office-they're unable to make the distinction.

Figures from Sheffield University, put the number of foreign students in Sheffield at 3700, I'd guess SHU has a similar number, and they pay for the privilege to study here and bring much needed revenue into our local economy.

But this thread is not about the wider immigration debate, it's about spouses coming to join their spouse in the UK.
It all comes under the same banner, as soon as those spouses come her unable to work because thay're in a totaly alien environment they go straight on to the benefit system.

The poster I was responding to was referring to the 'majority of immigrants', they took great pleasure in subsequently glorifying the expression.

That may be the way you're wired up mate but not me. I took no pleasure whats so ever.

You know for someone who likes to judge others, your not very good at it are you mate.

You obviously haven't read my previous contributions to this thread, far from claiming non English speaking immigrants aren't an issue, I've acknowledged they are and support the proposal for pre entry English test. What I won't condone are reckless statements and lies about immigration generally.

At the end of the day the UK is known worldwide as a soft touch for immigrants.

In the 60s I was stationed in Cyprus the landlady of our army hiring often said to us "When I retire I go to England, you get money for doing nothing when you arrive".

It all comes under the same banner, as soon as those spouses come her unable to work because thay're in a totaly alien environment they go straight on to the benefit system.

Apparently thats their 'right'.

Where as if you're born and bred here, work all your life and contribute for a good many years you get jack ****!.

Ps; to your average ignoramus, a foreign student resembles the illegal immigrants/economic scroungers/false asylum seekers whose best command of the English language is "Political asylum/Social Security/DSS office, they're unable to make the distinction.

Figures from Sheffield University, put the number of foreign students in Sheffield at 3700, I'd guess SHU has a similar number, and they pay for the privilege to study here and bring much needed revenue into our local economy.

International students pay a huge amount to study in the UK and are one of the biggest sources of income, without whom, many universities would be unable to offer the range of courses that they do. Also, they have to demonstrate a high level of English language competency and are more literate than a number of posters on here.

Archived