Human rights lawyers condemn English tests for spouses coming to UK

Change probably for unlikely that she would be dissapointed and you'd have a more valid comment.

..you can believe whatever you want to believe, but unless you know she came over to the UK, retired and lived off state benefits you cant comment on what she's done.

So?

Workinig in immigration as I do, I'm either damned if I do or damned if I don't. People say they don't want foreigners, some say they do. Some they they don't want foreigners but change their mind if somebody they know are to be removed .... most notably, the MPs are guilty of this.

So...are you for or against the pre entry English test?

So why do they pass over country after country to get here and where do these poor impoverished people get the money for their fares from?

Who, foreign spouses? They probably pass over country after country to marry their intended, who in all likelihood pays the costs of their travel.

UK and EU nationals pay a hell of a lot less than international students whose fees generate massive incomes as well as provide a boost for the local economy. Universities have to make a profit too to keep afloat in a market where their funding is being cut and one which is increasingly competitive.
Rubbish, unversites are there to teach not make a profit, the only reason they've filled people like you with this overseas propaganda is because more working class UK students want to further themselves instead of the elitist attitude of former years, that is why Tory Blair introduced tuition fees.

Who, foreign spouses? They probably pass over country after country to marry their intended, who in all likelihood pays the costs of their travel.
How much is a likelyhood? (IN £ S D please) is this the same as a piece of string?

Oh, and btw, our universities have had foreign students since they were built, it isn't a modern thing. There are also foreign kings and prime ministers who were educated at a british university.

And in those days universities were almost (note I said almost) exclusive to the middle and upper classes.

In fact you wouldn't get a serf going to a medaeval university.

And the numbers of Britons going to university went up during the Blair years.
The other option was go on the dole with their 'A' levels as there weren't any jobs, university was the best option to the dole so Tory Blair tried to discourage them by introducing fees via student loans.

Archived