Human rights lawyers condemn English tests for spouses coming to UK

How much is a likelyhood? (IN £ S D please) is this the same as a piece of string?

Not at all, as Suffragette has already pointed out with a link, foreign spouses have to have all their expenses covered by the people they're going to marry, so frankly I'm not bothered how much it is, that's their business.

And in those days universities were almost (note I said almost) exclusive to the middle and upper classes.

In fact you wouldn't get a serf going to a medaeval university.

So isn't it wonderful how we have so many foreign students paying the full amount and insulating our less well off students from the full costs of a university education?

Haven't they just had to announce an exemption, because students who were coming over to learn english couldn't get into the country because....they couldn't speak english!:loopy:

Well, if you were a British student and you wanted to go to university in a European country, I think you would find that the university would expect you to speak the local language before you got there.

Well, if you were a British student and you wanted to go to university in a European country, I think you would find that the university would expect you to speak the local language before you got there.

In the early 80's I worked with a Malaysian guy who was in the UK doing his PhD, at first his English was very mediocre, but he always had his English phrasebook with him and asked us to test him on it..I got quite fed up helping him conjugate "hello, where can I catch the 52 from?", by the end of his first year his English was fluent, albeit heavily accented and more importantly his Malaysian employers had paid us a fortune to send him here.

Rubbish, unversites are there to teach not make a profit, the only reason they've filled people like you with this overseas propaganda is because more working class UK students want to further themselves instead of the elitist attitude of former years, that is why Tory Blair introduced tuition fees.

They have to generate income like any other business, do you think that their funding covers all their outgoings?

It's not overseas propaganda at all, you are ill informed, whereas I am not. The tuition fees were introduced because a mass expansion of HE could not be sustained any other way.

UK and EU nationals pay a hell of a lot less than international students whose fees generate massive incomes as well as provide a boost for the local economy. Universities have to make a profit too to keep afloat in a market where their funding is being cut and one which is increasingly competitive.
so what you saying we should reduce the fees for foreign students :huh:i think they come here for the education they receive which must be good otherwise they would go elsewhere .

so what you saying we should reduce the fees for foreign students :huh:i think they come here for the education they receive which must be good otherwise they would go elsewhere .

No, I'm not saying that at all. This all stemmed from some other poster going off on a tangent about immigration and international students.

In the early 80's I worked with a Malaysian guy who was in the UK doing his PhD, at first his English was very mediocre, but he always had his English phrasebook with him and asked us to test him on it..I got quite fed up helping him conjugate "hello, where can I catch the 52 from?", by the end of his first year his English was fluent, albeit heavily accented and more importantly his Malaysian employers had paid us a fortune to send him here.
so should he have got his education here paid for by us then bf :huh:here we go again with your biased propaganda :hihi:and i havent even answered an earlier thread about you on a different subject by someone else whos noticed its you who allways turns it in to a racist thread :hihi: (you either fail/dont want to see or make out its other people who are allways wrong ):hihi::hihi:like i said your as transparent as a pane of glass

Archived