Human rights lawyers condemn English tests for spouses coming to UK

Why are you attributing quotes to me that I have not made in a post?
No just the thingy at the bottom of your posts.

Sayings always have a counter saying ie "Look before you leap" countered by "He who hesitates is lost".

No just the thingy at the bottom of your posts.

Sayings always have a counter saying ie "Look before you leap" countered by "He who hesitates is lost".

Well seeing as it is my signature rather than a statement that I made in a post, it is misleading to say the least.

So you're accusing me of having a closed mind now? Purely because I disagree with you? Is that your sole contribution to this debate?

Then perhaps they should sit a test after a year. I'm not sure what the criteria are to get full residency, however, if you have to sit a Citizenship test, that requires a high level of English as well as knowledge.

I agree Suff 1 but one of the questions a foreign friend of ours was asked in the test was, what is the percentage of coloured people in London!!How can anyone answer that let alone someone from a different country.

I agree Suff 1 but one of the questions a foreign friend of ours was asked in the test was, what is the percentage of coloured people in London!!How can anyone answer that let alone someone from a different country.

I think that there's some kind of manual with the all the questions and answers, however, you don't know which ones you will be asked on the test, similar to the theory driving one.

Archived