Ridiculous Ticketing Policy At Sheffield Arena..

top4718

I am a long standing fan of Elbow, I last saw them at a half full Octagon about 3yrs ago, I have never been of fan of Arena gigs but you cant stop a band becoming successful.

I thought I would buy some tickets for their recently announced night at Sheffield Arena (mostly to take some friends who have not seen them before).

I logged on to the Arena's website just before the alloted sale time of 9am on Friday and went through the booking process as soon as it was open.

The so called "best available" tickets I was offered - right in the very back corner on the top tier!!!!

Ridiculous, the gig has not sold out and other poorly situated seats are still available, I wont be bothering.

I am a long standing fan of Elbow, I last saw them at a half full Octagon about 3yrs ago, I have never been of fan of Arena gigs but you cant stop a band becoming successful.

I thought I would buy some tickets for their recently announced night at Sheffield Arena (mostly to take some friends who have not seen them before).

I logged on to the Arena's website just before the alloted sale time of 9am on Friday and went through the booking process as soon as it was open.

The so called "best available" tickets I was offered - right in the very back corner on the top tier!!!!

Ridiculous, the gig has not sold out and other poorly situated seats are still available, I wont be bothering.

ive found its highly woth goin down to the ticket office and getting them face to face as i seem to be able to choose my seat better but i guess this all depends on if you have time and are not too far away.

Worth trying seetickets, ticketline or ticketmaster, they are all allotted tickets to sell so sometimes these other agencies will have better tickets. Also going down as katy1981 said, you can also pay cash to save on booking fees.
Say that again? They're allotted tickets? Who came up with a daft system like that?

Say that again? They're allotted tickets? Who came up with a daft system like that?

I bought tickets for Liverpool Philharmonic Hall earlier this year. I logged onto their website as tickets went on sale and could only buy in the circle or higher.

I got tickets in the centre of row 10 of the stalls, from an agency, half an hour later.

Make of that what you will.

I hate arena gigs. It often reduces performers to a ludicrous Bono-style caricature. So be careful Guy! Maybe you can't blame the bands for choosing the filthy lucre they get for playing these type of places. I also saw Elbow a few times in smallish halls wondering why there were so few people there and wishing success upon them. I guess their time has come.

But as the band members are also punters themselves sometimes, they know it will be a poor experience for many of their fans. If you're not in the front half of the hall it's pretty rubbish. I suppose they make the calculation that it means more people can see them. For some acts it's the only way of seeing them because they don't play proper theatre-size venues so you have to put up with it. But I still hate it. They should be playing the City Hall instead.

When i went to the O2 arena in London, i bought tickets the day they went on sale. Right in the top corner were the best ones i could get. However 2 weeks before the gig i thought i'd just try again to see what would happen. I was offered tickets on the bottom tier near the stage!! I've often wondered if it's a ploy? The die hard fans buy tickets first and the part time fans buy tickets later and are only persuaded when they can get good seats!!

Archived