Ridiculous Ticketing Policy At Sheffield Arena..

top4718

Can you buy tickets for the arena from any of the box offices in town (ie - City Hall, the Sheffield Theatres etc) so you can see the screen?

I must admit, I've looked at several arena shows online but thought I'd missed all the decent seats (according to what I was shown on the site) so have just not bothered going at all.

If their policy really is to only offer you the <removed>seats then they're really missing a trick of, y'know, actually encouraging people to buy tickets :?

I bought 2 so called "best available" tickets for BB King @ Arena by phone, about 2 weeks after they went on sale, months before the gig and loads left still available- was VERY disappointed with the seats. Lesson learnt; go to the box office and choose the seats yourself.

Can you buy tickets for the arena from any of the box offices in town (ie - City Hall, the Sheffield Theatres etc) so you can see the screen?

I must admit, I've looked at several arena shows online but thought I'd missed all the decent seats (according to what I was shown on the site) so have just not bothered going at all.

If their policy really is to only offer you the <removed>seats then they're really missing a trick of, y'know, actually encouraging people to buy tickets :?

You can definitely buy Arena tickets from Sheffield City Hall.

Professional Ebay sellers buy tickets in bulk. I would have thought by now this process would have been made illegall.

Even if it is illegal, it's impossible to police. A man with 10,000 different email addresses can - seemingly legitimately - order 10,000 tickets. If he lives abroad he's not even subject to British law so there's nothing that could be done to stop him.

Even if it is illegal, it's impossible to police. A man with 10,000 different email addresses can - seemingly legitimately - order 10,000 tickets. If he lives abroad he's not even subject to British law so there's nothing that could be done to stop him.

There are no football tickets for sale on ebay. Ever wondered why?

I can only assume it's because Ebay doesn't publish such sales.

It is illegal to resell football tickets. So, ebay stay within UK law, because it is in their interest.

It wouldn't take much to change the law to make the resale of concert tickets illegal too. Sadly, it would appear that this is too much for our Government to consider, so we're stuck with the touts and agencies for the time being.

Archived