Dore Moor Inn - It is all going very very wrong!

chrisa30

Oh dear, what a place this has become! I must admit that I used to go with my partner and it was quite "cosy" and sometimes I can turn a blind eye to the service and the food, but the last time I went I have to say was the worst I have ever encountered.

From the service to the food it was all very very poor. I had been deciding whether to have the Fillet *Blue* or Rib Eye - the waiter told me the Rib Eye wasn't great (*which I actually appreciated*) but they had a T-Bone on as a "special" and I will say once it eventually came out it was probably one of the worst steaks I have ever tasted, and at £15.00 I had expected something better than a small steak with soggy chips, a field mushroom (please tell me why they seem to place a waterbased mushroom next to your food!!!!) and it was just horrible, luke warm and microwaved garden peas!

They did tell me that they are now going to be taking bookings, and have a Al A Carte side with table service with a new menu which they were keen to show me. I saw that they had Fois Gras on this at £4.95! Now I have eaten in the some of the best restuarants in the UK and I have never ever seen Fois Gras for £4.95!!!! I take it will be some sort of Pate' rather than the real thing and if it is the real thing - those poor geese! They must be battery produced to have at that price! Nothing excited me on the new menu, so I think I will be looking for another "cosy" pub to enjoy my winter meals, it is a real shame but after one too many bad experiences there ( I wont even go into that!) its time to call it a day..... and to think I was told it made £1m profit last year!!!!! Surley they can afford a decent chef with some fresh food!

Grrrrrr.............

the door moor has been poor for some years now i think....did you mention to the staff or manager about the dodgy food, and what did they say. As for the new Prince of Wales, the car park has been packed everyday since it reopened so i guess thats a good sign....just means ive not been able to park up and try it!

• 2 weeks later...

A relative of mine went for a job at the Dore Moor. He got it, but didnt stay long after he saw the state of the kitchen! I think he said they also do a lot of "boil in the bag" and microwave food. I definately would not go for a meal there.

• 6 months later...

I am afraid it still isn't much better, went at half past eight on Wednesday, waited 35 mimutes for a bangers and mash and caesar salad.

Sausages very chewy, gravy too thick and salad short of dressing. Waited for cutlery to come another few minutes after the food and no check back to ask if it was OK. Won't be rushing back.

Archived