Dore Moor Inn - It is all going very very wrong!

chrisa30

I once forgot my scarf there after having a meal. Called them that same afternoon and was told they had found the scarf and put it behind the bar for safe keeping. I went in the next day and scarf have gone! Very strange to me!!

Strange days indeed !

It seems to have really taken a dive, which is shame. Last time I went, there was a chef having a pint at the bar. I didnt think much of it at first, assuming he'd finished his shift, and was enjoying a drink. Until a food order came in, and he dashed back in to the kitchen to prepare it. Only to come back after he'd finished cooking, and finish off his drink.

I am afraid it still isn't much better, went at half past eight on Wednesday, waited 35 mimutes for a bangers and mash and caesar salad.

Sausages very chewy, gravy too thick and salad short of dressing. Waited for cutlery to come another few minutes after the food and no check back to ask if it was OK. Won't be rushing back.

I ate there on Wednesday evening too and my meal was disappointing too. However, two Sundays ago when it was scorching sunshine the family ate outside and the food was excellent. And on the previous two occasions it has been faultless too.

I can only guess that they have a very good chef and a fairly average one. The Strongbow on Wednesday resembled a stagnant pond and was quite embarrassing but I will be back.

Fois Gras is force-fed duck's liver. I would never eat at a place that served such dusgusting fare. You deserve everything you get.

Actually it is generally goose liver if ordered in Michelin establishments as it is considered the better of the 2. Ducks don't need to be force fed as they are not very intelligent and will eat as much food as you put in front of them. You can buy Hudson Valley Foie Gras and it is delicious.

http://www.hudsonvalleyfoiegras.com/why.html

But back to topic, I don't think the Dore Moor has ever served it, or by looking at their current cooking standards would know how to!

Archived