Dore Moor Inn - It is all going very very wrong!

chrisa30

Having posted fairly negatively on 22/4, I returned tonight after having a complimentary meal sent through from their manager.

The difference was night and day, in a good way. The food was much better and arrived in a reasonable time.

If they are to maintain the level of food served this evening I would now return.

Had bad experience at the Dore Moor too and the Fox House. Don't know if the situation is the same but it used to be a vantage inn, and they were a subsidiary of mitchells and butler. Had a look at the m&b website after another bad experience at the toby carvery (used to be the wheatsheaf). It looked like they had the whole area sewn up. Rising sun abbey lane, all the vantage inns, hare and hounds in dore, all the ember inns, (hammer, robin hood and prince of wales) and all the crown inns (moorlands, owler bar). Very dismissive of my email of complaint, as were the staff at the time of the meal. I personally now will never use one of m&b's outlets again. Only good thing about their barely out of puberty, incompetent staff was that they actually charged us much less than half price and hadn't the brains to realise. I don't think their days are numbered though because I am always amazed at the number of people who are happy to pay for sub-standard service and products and don't really try to complain. If they have a bad experience at the dore more they assume that the prince of wales is a different outfit - and it is, but still owned by the same group.

Had bad experience at the Dore Moor too and the Fox House. Don't know if the situation is the same but it used to be a vantage inn, and they were a subsidiary of mitchells and butler. Had a look at the m&b website after another bad experience at the toby carvery (used to be the wheatsheaf). It looked like they had the whole area sewn up. Rising sun abbey lane, all the vantage inns, hare and hounds in dore, all the ember inns, (hammer, robin hood and prince of wales) and all the crown inns (moorlands, owler bar). Very dismissive of my email of complaint, as were the staff at the time of the meal. I personally now will never use one of m&b's outlets again. Only good thing about their barely out of puberty, incompetent staff was that they actually charged us much less than half price and hadn't the brains to realise. I don't think their days are numbered though because I am always amazed at the number of people who are happy to pay for sub-standard service and products and don't really try to complain. If they have a bad experience at the dore more they assume that the prince of wales is a different outfit - and it is, but still owned by the same group.

I'm of the same opinion, I cannot believe how these places are constantly busy, the food and service is diabolical.

The worst for me are the Chef & Brewer pubs owned by Punch Taverns, the food is the most overpriced garbage I have ever experienced.

Archived