It's three years today since I quit smoking

since i had a fag, many a time i'v wanted one. I did have help i had a 3 week supply of pills, GP said keep smoking you will know when to stop i didnt need the 3rd week supply. cant say i have been better off and i sure have put weight on, now i could do with some magic pills to get rid of the weight.

yeah well done quitting, its not easy. stopped 3 yrs ago (I think) have been so much better off. yes I`ve clapped a bit of weight on but have so much more energy and have channelled it into new sports.

well done stopping, keep it up xx

Well done, just make sure you stay quit.

I stopped 9 years ago now. There's no cure that's good for everyone, it's whatever works for you. I gave up using inhalators supplied by my GP. I replaced the nicotine cartridge at ever increasing intervals until at the end, about 9 months after quitting smoke, I was just sucking on air and threw the inhalators away.

Previous to that I had given up a couple of times, once for three years and once for five. Never underestimate the power of your nicotine addiction, they say it's a more powerful addiction than heroin and harder to give up. It's certainly very easy to start again and never believe that you can have just one ciggie and get away with it.

since i had a fag, many a time i'v wanted one. I did have help i had a 3 week supply of pills, GP said keep smoking you will know when to stop i didnt need the 3rd week supply. cant say i have been better off and i sure have put weight on, now i could do with some magic pills to get rid of the weight.

By kicking the nicotine, you've proved your mettle so losing the weight will be a doddle. It's far easier than packing the fags up.

Just eat reasonably healthy and sensibly and do as much exercise (walking etc.) as you can manage to fit in.

Well done! Which pills did you use?

Archived