Tories scrapping child benefit for people who earn over £44,000

So you are against the whole idea of universal benefits then, would it be OK for your granny to be means tested before she gets her winter fuel allowance for example.

It would seem sensible in the same way that a location check would also ensure that people living in Marbella don't receive it either.

It would seem sensible in the same way that a location check would also ensure that people living in Marbella don't receive it either.

They have started off by making cuts to the so called “rich” because most people think its not going to effect them but once you start to lose the idea of universal benefits where will it end ……………. I see some interesting threads in the future with some people having their smug smile slightly distorted to :(:(:(:(

They already have a method of checking couples joint incomes - Tax credits. They should make Child Benefit entitlement part of the process of claiming tax credits - just a small additional section on the form, minimal extra paperwork, and then it becomes fair because it's based on total income, not just one parent.

Go into McDonalds in Sheffield town centre today about 11 and see the vile chav families who are currently infecting this country. Why should I pay to support their breeding habits and disgusting lifestyle ? This country has become a complete joke !

How would you know this, you weren't on a chav netting mission by any chance were you? :hihi:

To where a council house perhaps, by the way did you ever reply to my question about Sheffield’s rent arrears or doest that count? :roll:

a smaller house, you mentioned a couple on £100k. Im thinking they are likely to be able to move to a smaller house before requiring a council house:roll::roll:

A household income of £44k isn't a lot?:o

Wish I lived in your world!:roll:

Some really people haven't got a clue, have they?

I could run two homes on £44,000:o.

I reckon this will lose the coalition votes big time.

No loss there then:D.

We should go further and limit the number of children that a family can claim benefit for to 2.

Good plan!:thumbsup:

Didn't Osborn say this time last year that child benefit would stay a universal benefit

Yes. But, as he's a politician, you get used to the false promises/lies:D.

Archived