Tories scrapping child benefit for people who earn over £44,000

Im thinking they are likely to be able to move to a smaller house before requiring a council house:roll::roll:

Wasn't that something Osborne was mooting a few weeks ago for social housing tennants?

a smaller house, you mentioned a couple on £100k. Im thinking they are likely to be able to move to a smaller house before requiring a council house:roll::roll:

You’re making the wrong assumptions again, people with large incomes usually have large overheads to go with it, the high rate of repossessions would suggest its not as easy as upping sticks and downsizing.

I think we are losing the plot here, the whole debate really is about should we have universal benefits, if people are happy to see this one scrapped don’t be surprised when the next cut comes along.

Same old Tories ripping off the poor again! Makes you sick!!!

So someone earning 44K (minimum) is poor then?.... riiiiiiiight....

Personally I think it's a positive move. But the fact 2 parents can earn more than this and still get it seems a little flawed. Also, is the 44K limit dependant on number of children? You could have a 2 parent family with 1 child earning 60K, and a single parent family earning 44K, but has 3 kids. Unless I'm missing something.

So Osborne has decided to penalise families with two kids where the breadwinner earns £44000 a year by taking from them the equivalent of 4% tax extra to what they already pay. Why does he think this is fair?. By all means increase taxes if you need to or alternatively tax benefits as additional income. Seems to me that the Tories are proving what we already know that they are idiots led by donkeys. The LibDems must be the same if they let this go through.

Archived