Tories scrapping child benefit for people who earn over £44,000

Really? They can claim even if they left the UK?? If correct that is stupid, though I suppose people receiving it would say they've paid taxes all they're working life so they'd say they deserve it as much as Little Old Elsie up the road. Though it seems crazy if people have emigrated to Spain, Cyprus etc and are claiming it.

Fully agree with you, but afaik that is what happens.

I know 2 single parents who manage on about a quarter of that, one of them has 2 kids.

A household income of £44k isn't a lot?:o

Wish I lived in your world!:roll:

I wouldn't class somebody earning £22k as a high earner. Even when a couple with kids both earn £22k, after mortgage payments and council tax etc, it's easy to not have much left over at the end of the month. Childcare for pre-school kids can cost up to £700 per month for one child.

Same old Tories ripping off the poor again! Makes you sick!!!

I see they want to up spending by £60m in the NHS for cancer screening as well.....what are they thinking of?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11461495

Same old-same old from the toffs, ripping of the poor and taking the bread from the down-trodden workers mouths!

If those at the bottom are having their benefits cut, it's only right that those at the top do too. Remember "we're all in this together". :hihi:

£44k isn't exactly the top! I seem to remember a working parent used to get a tax allowance for dependents, but that was scrapped after we got child benefit for all children. This proposal might stop people doing standby and working anti social hours where they are paid more and go over the limit. If the government had said they were going to bring in one universal family premium payment it would have been fairer. A fixed amount, based on two children, paid from the birth of the first child.

High earners already pay double the normal rates of tax, most fluctuations in their earnings are taken into account via their tax codes/PAYE. I reckon this will lose the coalition votes big time.

Same old Tories ripping off the poor again! Makes you sick!!!

I see they want to up spending by £60m in the NHS for cancer screening as well.....what are they thinking of?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11461495

Same old-same old from the toffs, ripping of the poor and taking the bread from the down-trodden workers mouths!

While they are feeling generous perhaps they make a donation towards keeping Wednesday out of the courts.

Archived