Tories scrapping child benefit for people who earn over £44,000

£44000 DIVIDED BY 52= £846 PER WEEK BEFORE DEDUCTIONS.

I'm not sure about the deductions, say, a couple of hundred quid, I would quite happily give up my £20 per week CB (£1040 per year) if I was earning £600 PER WEEK!!! (estimated, obviously),

If someone's on £44k pa then they should be paying the higher rate of tax, which I think is 40% then there's also NI to take off, so their take home pay would probably be nearer 50% less than gross so an estimated £420 per week (I'm sure someone will know more about the exact level of deductions). Still a lot of money compared to what many people earn I know, but someone earning slightly less - say £43k pa could well be taking more home than the higher earner because they'll be paying less tax.

I think that it would have been fairer and more politic to have withdrawn the benefit from those in the 50% tax bracket, which is anyone earning over £150,000 pa (I think).

It's about saving money - it would save precious little doing this - they have done it to save money.

There will have to be many more cuts to try to recover from the Brown mess we have been left deeply in. :(

So freighting that all the world as been affected by the actions of Brown.

I am not about to jump under a bus and I doubt if many other people are.

I don't think Brown was a lorry driver. :hihi:

He'd make a better trucker than he did as chancellor and PM :(

Archived