Tories scrapping child benefit for people who earn over £44,000

44,000 a year is enough for anyone to live on whether this be one wage or two, if they can't manage on that then there is something wrong its called living beyond your means.

£44000 might seem excessive to you because you are satisfied with a certain life style. I personally live on a third of that quite comfortably because I have no kids to bring up any more and all the other things that cost money when bringing up a family. When our children were young however I did earn more than the national average and was taxed accordingly.I found that money was always tight. Why you might ask since I was earning more than most. Well I made choices and the choices I made were not to buy a new car every year or replace the TV according to what was in fashion. I decided I would invest in my childrens education. A decision I have never regretted and which has paid dividends. Perhaps you have no such aspirations and that is your choice but I learned quite early in my life that whatever you want from life it is up to you to earn it.

44,000 a year is enough for anyone to live on whether this be one wage or two, if they can't manage on that then there is something wrong its called living beyond your means.

It depends on your priorities and life choices. If people can afford to and prioritise their children having access to good schools, then they tend to live in areas where there is a substantial premium on property. Rent or mortgage will probably be the biggest outgoing for most families.

My parents didn't get anything for me either. In fact, my parents used to tell me I'd been high maintenance since the day I was born, because the NHS was still in its infancy itself and they had to pay the midwife and doctor to deliver me, and no handout either. My younger brother on the other hand cost them nothing and they even got paid for having him! They were never in profit though :D

i thnk they shound axe child tax credit as well

I take it from your comment that you dont receive child tax credit. It is easy to say what other people should give up. Some people would be really struggling without it. Dont forget that every penny that goes into working class pockets gets spent and helps to employ someone. Why not vent your spleen on those who rake in money just by owning things and put money into the party that will make sure things remain that way. Attack those who are really milking the rest of us. Dont initially attack your own.

£44000 might seem excessive to you because you are satisfied with a certain life style. I personally live on a third of that quite comfortably because I have no kids to bring up any more and all the other things that cost money when bringing up a family. When our children were young however I did earn more than the national average and was taxed accordingly.I found that money was always tight. Why you might ask since I was earning more than most. Well I made choices and the choices I made were not to buy a new car every year or replace the TV according to what was in fashion. I decided I would invest in my childrens education. A decision I have never regretted and which has paid dividends. Perhaps you have no such aspirations and that is your choice but I learned quite early in my life that whatever you want from life it is up to you to earn it.

Good for you, but are you saying, that you needed child benefit/family allowance to send your kids to private school :huh: Choice is great but if your income is low your need for child benefit is probably much greater than if your on a good salary and making educational choices for your children !

Archived