Audi a3 Brake Pedal Gone Hard

I have an Audi A3 on 2002 plate with 67,000 miles. All the sudden the brake pedal has gone hard and does not brake as it should, the engine management light has come on.

I have checked this on the web and a number of people are saying its the servo (whatever that is) thats gone.

Wondering if anyone knew where to take it or who to contact for cheaper repair, as i dont want to pay audi prices.

I have an Audi A3 on 2002 plate with 67,000 miles. All the sudden the brake pedal has gone hard and does not brake as it should, the engine management light has come on.

I have checked this on the web and a number of people are saying its the servo (whatever that is) thats gone.

Wondering if anyone knew where to take it or who to contact for cheaper repair, as i dont want to pay audi prices.

It may not be the servo and may be the mityvac unit!

I had a similar fault with the wife's A3 2002 tdi, Rydal in Broadfield Road Dairy Yard sorted it.

as i dont want to pay audi prices

I'm not usually one to question other peoples decisions, but if you buy an Audi then surely the fact that "audi prices" for repairs are higher is obvious, you should have thought about that when buying the car?

I'm not usually one to question other peoples decisions, but if you buy an Audi then surely the fact that "audi prices" for repairs are higher is obvious, you should have thought about that when buying the car?

But there are Audi main dealer prices and reasonable prices. The two are often different.

Boysheff: I use David Underwood, his details are up there ^^^. He's very good.